Laupahoehoe Point

Mulai dari awal

Brittany's phone buzzed.

Okay. Rachel and I are already in Hilo, we wanted to start out day early. Have fun with Quinn today and be safe.

She slipped her phone back into her pocket and started the car.

"I was thinking of getting some stuff from Sports Authority for San. I was thinking of getting her a helmet and spray painting it."

"That's a great idea. You wouldn't mind if I did that for Rachel too? I understand if you don't want me to."

"Actually that'd be a great idea." They high fived and Brittany pulled out of the drive way and onto the road.

The drive to Kona took about thirty minutes, in which Brittany and Quinn caught up on things from home.

"So Tina is dating Mike then right?" She asked, while Quinn had her arm out the window- letting the wind hit it. "Because if so, you owe me fifty dollars."

"They're talking. So I don't owe you anything- yet." Quinn started laughing. "Oh! I don't know how I forgot, but I did bring you this." She pulled out a bracelet from her bag. It wasn't anything too extravagant, just a black metal bracelet with something engraved on the side. "It's from Macky's parents. They had one made for everyone on the team. They still had all our measurements from the bracelet they made us freshman year. So it should fit you. It has Macky's name and her jersey number."

Brittany slowed the car down because of the red light. She took the bracelet from Quinn and looked it over. Macky's death was still so sureal. She slipped the bracelet onto her wrist and looked back up at the road. "Thanks for bringing this for me, Q."

"Of course."

They pulled into the parking lot at Sports Authority and headed into the store.

"Alright so I was thinking, a helmet, new batting gloves, which her and I will have a matching pair, and maybe a bat."

"A bat? Jesus Britt. How much money do you have?" She pulled out the money her dad gave her along with another wad of cash that was wrapped in a rubber band. "What the hell?"

"I saved up. I was planning on buying the new xbox with this but I decided that I wanted to use it for something that was much more important. I don't think I'll find her a bat here though."

"Alright. I mean it's your money." The girls walked around the store for another thirty minutes, picking out different things for their girlfriends. At the end of the shopping crusade in Sports Authority, they both left with bags full of things.

"I don't think I've ever had a easier time shopping for someone." Quinn placed her bags in the trunk along with the things that Brittany bought. "We still have to get spray paint."

Brittany knew that she had done good. She bought Santana a new helmet, batting gloves, a phiten necklace and a new pair of cleats. Hopefully she was going to like it. Quinn bought Rachel a helmet, a phiten bracelet, and a long-sleeved UnderArmour that has the superman symbol on it. Rachel loved Superman, so Quinn saw it as the perfect present. She'd be able to wear it every game since it was black.

"I think we have to get my dad to get it. Because you have to be 18 or something."

Neither of them was 18 so she sent her dad a quick text asking him to pick up some green and yellow spray paint before they got home. He agreed and said that he'll see them when they get back. The knew the spray painting would take some time so they finished up their shopping at HIC (Hawaiian Island Creations, a surf shop that sells clothes, shoes, slippers and all that). They got a few more things for their other halves and then picked up something small from Panda Express before heading back to Waimea.