Chapter nine: Feelings in turmoil

Start from the beginning

"Oops! Told you to be attentive, didn't I?" I said smugly while giving her an evil smile.

"You brat! You should go out," she said angrily and grabbed my arm, dragging me out of the store. "I know you won't buy and you're just wasting my time!"

"Get your scrawny dirty hands off me," I said calmly, but I shoved her hands off me and then I pushed her hard, enough to send her ass on the floor. The manager came running as she heard her staff's screeching scream.

"What's going on here, Ruth?" she asked, then turned her glance at me. "Miss Wood?" She acknowledged when she finally recognized me after assessing my appearance for a few seconds. I was a frequent customer and one of the valued customer at their shop so in spite of being a bit surprised by my unusual disheveled look, she still recognized me.

"M-m-iss W-wood?"

The young woman called, Ruth, looked at the manager then at me with a confused look while getting up from the floor. She skimmed my face more intently then her face turned pale white like a chalk. I grinned evilly before I faced the manager. "I think you should train your staffs not to be rude to customers or this shop will end up losing its valued customers. I'll be having a chat with the owner some other time to complain how awful the customer service here," I said, derisively.

"I sincerely apologized for Ruth's rude behavior, Ms. Wood. She's just new here. Please try to understand and overlook this just once. I'm asking you this as a favor." The manager begged and elbowed Ruth. The Bitchy turned Pitchy. I smirked. She was just my perfect distraction.

"I-Im so s-sorry, Ms. Wood. I didn't know---"

"Shut the hell up! You, a pathetic loser, looked down on me and you even dared to drag me out of this shop like a damn beggar. Do you know how pissed I am right now?"

"I'm really—"

"I said shut up! I'm not in the mood to shop here anymore," I hissed and turned around to walk off, but the manager stopped me.

"Ms. Wood, please wait! We'll give you a discount—"

"Ha! Do I look like I need your fucking discount?" I glowered at her. I just realized being tall was advantageous as I intimidatingly stared down at them. "The next time I come here, that is, if I would ever come again, I would love it if I won't be seeing her—I pointed my forefinger at the teary-eyed, Ruth—in this shop again." After saying my piece, I turned around to walk out of the shop, but halted when I saw Cole fast approaching me, but he just walked past me and stopped in front of the two women who were staring at him with admiration. I frowned and glared at them, but no one seemed to be interested in me anymore.

"I'm sorry ladies. Did my girlfriend bother you? Sorry about the ruckus. She's not feeling well today." I was too flabbergasted to speak after hearing him. What the hell! He said I'm his girlfriend?! Did he say I bothered them?! My nostrils were flaring at the moment.

"Ah, um, not really, Sir." The manager looked like she didn't know how to explain the situation.

"Are those the items she wants to buy?" Cole asked again while looking at the few bags I randomly picked.

"Ah, y-yes, Sir," replied Ruth and glanced in my direction. She cringed when I shot her my blazing eyes and looked away.

"I see. I'll buy those then," he said afterward, which angered me. I marched toward him and grabbed his arm to face me.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm doing some shopping, I guess," he answered in a sarcastic tone, which made me more annoyed.