Burning.

Hello again, this is a short fic dedicated to GirlzSparkle.
I own nothing, other than the OC and the headcanon.
The cover is off deviant art I think, so thank you to whoever you are.

Also warnings, badly written smut and confusion. And a very bad Harry. And a lot of OCness, maybe.

Well enjoy :)
______________________________

It all started going to shit after the war. He thought maybe everything would turn out all right, now that the Dark Lord was gone, but no, that certainly wasn't his destiny.

Draco sighed as he woke up, disoriented and with a throbbing headache from a dark corner in a lonely part of the castle. This wasn't the first time it had happened.

It had begun after he had come back to Hogwarts to complete his Seventh Year.

At that time, it was just three months after the end of the war, when most people were still in mourning after all they had lost; their family and loved ones gone, anger and sadness still overshadowing the population.

Draco didn't want to come back to Hogwarts, not after his friends were burned and some killed. Some of his friends had been murdered, some by the Light and some by the Dark.

His mother had said that he needed something that resembled a complete education and that the Malfoy's did have to keep up appearances in this new magical world they were entering.
He knew that wasn't her actual reason and she'd tell him one day, eventually. When he had learnt the truth he felt ashamed.

Draco didn't want to argue anymore, he was just so tired. He was tired of all the hate, anger and utter pain that was still left over after the Dark Lord's reign of terror.

He had written to his friends, or rather whoever remained and was immensely disappointed with the replies.

Pansy wasn't coming back to Hogwarts, she was going to Beauxbatons, apparently her family had some connections; a great aunt in Paris and a cousin related to Queen Victoria.

Theodore was not returning to Hogwarts, he was to join a Muggle university in London, his family not wanting to live in fear but with the hope of new beginnings.

Blaise said he would return, his family was moving to Italy; well his mother and her new husband were. But he had decided to stay, decided to broaden his horizons.

Milicent was also going to return, her family was trying to arrange a marriage for her, and she just wanted to get out of the house, apparently sick of the planning and scared to say no.

He hadn't written to the others, knowing it would be a no. There would be no reason, he knew it anyway.

And so he had come back.
But nothing was the same.

The Slytherin table seemed to have emptied that September. The Sorting was subdued, his voice a whisper of what it was the previous years and a mere handful joined Slytherin. But all in all, there were not many First Years.