just you

millie

"whatcha thinkin' about?"
i jump a little, seeing noah standing above me as i sit up against the wall. he had just came back from work, and he's in uniform.

"n-nothing." i say, looking down to my hands.

i've been thinking about mom and dad lately. do they still love us? would they come looking for us? probably not, but i can hope.

"liar." noah says, plopping himself in front of me, his legs crossed. i look up at him, and he gestures me to speak.

"okay fine. i've just been thinking about mom and dad stuff that's all." i say shrugging. his face quickly became soft at my words, and he looks down.

"like what?" he asks, his eyes meeting mine again.
"i just ask myself if they still love us. or if they still care. or if they started over, started a new suburb-bound family." i say, and noah shrugs.

"i think they still love us. just not as much as they used to." he says, the words flowing effortlessly out of his mouth. i nod, sighing.

he crawls over to the neat pile of food that we have, and grabs two cans of spaghetti-o's with two plastic spoons. we don't have a microwave obviously, so we just eat it cold.

"i think we'll be able to get some sort of one room apartment or something within the next year with this job." noah says, opening the can.

he has just gotten the job, it was the only one he was really okay with doing. he hates mcdonald's, and that was one of the other minimum wage jobs he could have had. i mean it's the next big thing.

i nod, and start to eat my cold spaghetti-o's.

-

noah and i finished dinner, and a line started to form outside of the venue across the street for what i'm assuming is another concert.

"you think we'll see the one and only curly fries tonight?" i ask, keeping my eyes on all of the people standing.
"oh definitely." noah responds as obvious as it is.

the line started moving, and it was hard to find curly fries because it seemed like there was more people this time. noah and i continued to search through the tremendous amount of people, finally spotting the famous curly fries.

"found him!" noah and i both yell out at the same time before laughing at each other.

he stood there nervously with his hands in the pockets of his famous black jeans, and he was biting his lip. we couldn't help but stare, and all of a sudden his pair of dark eyes flickered over to where noah and i sat out almost in the open.

"oh shit." noah mutters as i gasp. we both suck down, covering ourselves with our blankets.

"okay, real talk. is it just me or is he hotter when you make eye contact with him." noah asks.
i lightly laugh, "just you." i lie.

the reason why i don't want noah to know that i think curly fries is attractive is because noah will make a big deal out of it and embarrass me.

and i don't need that.

we both slowly lift our heads up from the blankets, looking to see if he's still there. the group of people are now gone, and from the flashing lights coming from inside tells us that they're probably all inside now.

"okay so i predict a tall blonde chic that looks like she works at hooters." noah says, and i lightly laugh.

-

it's been another 2 hours, and noah and i started to get a little tired as the sun went down. we hear the shattering of glass and our heads turn to the source of the noise.

curly fries stood there, running his hands through his hair anxiously. i furrow my eyebrows as he paces back and forth.

"what do you think happened?" i ask, looking to noah.
"no idea. this has never happened before." he says, shaking his head.

curly fries stops pacing, and looks up from the ground.

to us.

i duck down, but noah doesn't. he waves to him, smiling like an idiot.

"noah what the fuck are you doing?" i whisper yell, tugging at his arm. he looks down at me, and shrugs.

"come over here!!" noah yells, cupping his mouth with his hands. my eyes widen at his words.

oh my god oh my god oh my god.

"yo man what's up?" noah also casually, raising his hand up for a high five.
"uh yeah hey, i saw you guys staring at me earlier. i've seen you a few times actually." curly fries leaves noah hanging awkwardly as he scratches the back of his neck.

"uh..." noah looks to me and i shrug.

i sit up, realizing that i probably look like an idiot hiding when he can clearly see me now.

"who even are you guys?" he asks.
"i'm noah, this is my sister millie."

i tug a piece of hair behind my ear, looking away. i hate being this awkward, but i don't want to talk to him. i was always a shy kid, noah was the one that was usually the outgoing one.

i feel curly fries' stare burn into me.
"i'm finn."
in the corner of my eye i see him reach his hand out for me to shake it. i turn back to him, my face turning a shade of crimson. i haven't had human contact with anyone except noah for over two years, i'm not used to it.

i hesitantly shake his hand, and he shakes noah's too.
"sooo uh, do you guys need money or," finn asks.
i shake my head no, but noah nods his head yes. i hit his arm, trying to tell him that we shouldn't bother finn like this. he's just doing this out of pity.

"okay um, is 50 okay?" he asks, digging in his pocket for his wallet.
"it's okay, really." i say, and he jumps back a little at my voice.
"she speaks!" he says playfully, running his finger and thumb through the little pouch in his wallet.

he pulls out a 50 dollar bill and hands it to noah.
"thank you so much." noah says.
finn hums in response, nodding his head slightly.

"i'll see you guys around?" finn asks, putting his hands back in his pockets. noah and i both nod, and he walks away.

noah and i look at each other, and exchange surprised looks.
"did that just happen?" noah asks, a little shocked.
"i guess." i laugh, putting my hands up in confusion.
"his name is finn? to me he looks more like a michael to me." he raises his eyebrows a little in sync with a shrug.

"i don't know all i'm thinking about is sleeping." i say, laying down and covering myself up with blankets.

"love you noah."

"love you too mills."

••••

literally running on 3 hours of sleep:)::)