2

Ariel's POV
I was running the track since it's what I did in my free time and I stopped to catch my breath.

"So, this is what you do for your spare time?" I heard Colby ask.

"I do it because I love staying fit." I said and started running again. Next thing I know Colby is beside me running.

"I'm fit, too." He said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I need us to start on the tutoring session today." He said.

"We agreed on tomorrow." I said stopping. He stopped and came over to me.

"I know, but I kind of got grounded." He said.

"Aren't you supposed to be in detention?" I asked.

"Nah, I never go when I get them." He said. I shook my head.

"We will start tomorrow." I said and jogged off. Yeah, I may be coming off as a bitch but I don't really care. I finished and walked to my bag and grabbed it and I walked to my car and got in and started it and drove off. I noticed there was a note on the inside of the window where the dash is. I stopped at a redlight and read the note.

What did I do? I know we just met but I felt like I did something.
Colby xx

I rolled my eyes and put it to the side and started driving again and I finally got home and parked and got out and I walked inside and went to my room and took a shower and I got out and got dressed in sweats and a baggy hoodie. I sat on my bed and started doing homework when there was a knock on my door.

"Yes?" I asked.

"There's someone here for you." My mom said. I raised an eyebrow.

"No one ever comes to visit me." I said.

"His name is Colby." She said. I shook my head and got up and walked downstairs and to the front door. I saw Colby standing in the doorway.

"Colby, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I know we spoke earlier, but uh, I need to talk to you." He said. I stepped outside on the porch shutting the door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Look, I feel like I did something wrong. What did I do?" He asked.

"Nothing, Colby. Okay? I just don't get close to people." I said. "Now, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said.

"See ya." He said and walked to his car. I walked in and shut the door.

"So, is he your boyfriend?" My mom asked.

"Hell no." I said and jogged upstairs and laid in my bed and fell asleep.

~

I woke up and saw it was 4 in the morning. I sighed and got up and walked into my bathroom and took a shower and I got out and dried off and wrapped my towel around my body and there was a knock on the door. I walked over to my bedroom door and saw my very sleepy mom.

"Hey, I didn't wake you did I?" I asked.

"No, sweetie. I just wanted to see why you were up so early?" She asked.

"I just randomly woke up." I said. She nodded and went back to her room. I shut my door and walked over to my bed and grabbed the piece of paper with Colby's number on it and I grabbed my phone and texted him.

Ariel: I'm up early, if you're up meet me at the coffee shop on 3rd. We're going to be working on your work you missed.

I locked my phone and got dressed in a pair of black jean short shorts, a bra, a black pull over hoodie, a pair of black converse and my hair its normal wavy way and I put a beanie on. I grabbed my bag, phone, keys and the binder and I walked downstairs and out to my car. I got in and started it and drove off to the coffee shop and I got out with my stuff and walked in. They're a 24 hour shop. I walked to a booth and sat down. One of the guys came over.

"Want your usual, Ariel?" He asked. He's in his twenties, he has shaggy brown hair and brown eyes. He's pretty tall. He is cute. His name is Ryan.

"Please, Ryan." I said. He smiled and walked away. They know me by name here since I'm here all the time. He came over with my coffee. "Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome. So why are you here at 4:30 in the morning?" He asked.

"Just needed to do my work in peace." I said. He nodded and walked away. I started going through what Mr. Dawson wanted me to do with Colby. This is so much shit. I sighed and heard a loud engine outside and I looked out and saw Colby in his truck. I shook my head. He shut his car off and got out with his bag and he walked in and came over to me. He looked like hell. "Whoa what happened to you?" I asked as he slid in the booth.

"It's called no sleep. Let's get this going." He said. I slid the paperwork to him. He took his pencil out and started working.

~

It was getting close to time for school to start and we were walking out to our cars.

"Do you want to skip school? I really need some sleep." He said.

"I'm a straight A student and I have perfect attendance. I can't." I said. He sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry, Colby." I said.

"It's fine. Go ahead." He said. I patted his arm and went to walk away but he grabbed my arm. "Hey, can you come over after?" He asked.

"After I run my track today, yeah." I said.

"Can you skip it for one day?" He asked.

"I've done this every day for the last few years." I said. "I can't." I said.

"It's fine." He said. I nodded and walked to my car and got in. I started it and drove to school. When I got there people were all looking at me. I sighed and got out of the car with my bag. I left the binder in the car and I walked inside and to my first class. This is going to be a long ass day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo, chapter 2 is up! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Follow
Vote
Comment :)