"I'm not sure if you like these anymore.. but I got it for you anyway." I spoke up.

We locked eyes, and she gave me a half hearted smile, taking the popsicle.

"Thank you." Y/N said.

The stinging pain reoccurred in my leg, as I groaned softly. It didn't hurt before as much as it does right now. I place the plastic bag onto the couch, pulling up my sweatpants sleeve. I studied the cut; it was deeper than I expected. I winced quietly, biting my lip trying to endure the pain.

A real man needs to endure the pain....

But heck it. I can't, it hurts too much.

"Jeongin? What happened?" Y/N's eyes landed on my cut.

"I fell while playing soccer. I didn't know it was this bad." I sigh.

"Let me take a look." She offered.

"It's fine! I'll rinse it with water," I shake my head.

"No. You can get an infection." She insisted.

She placed her popsicle down on the coffee table, getting on the floor, on one knee looking at the incision.

"This might hurt.." she warned.

I gulped, and I could feel her gentle touch around the cut. I wince in pain, gripping the pillow tightly.

"It's quite deep..." she muttered.

"It is??" My eyes widen, in horror.

"Do I need to stitch it up??" I ask her, worriedly.

"No. It's not THAT deep. It'll heal in a week or so. Where do you keep the first aid kit?" She asked me, looking up at me.

"I-In the cupboard next to the fridge.." I stammer.

She nodded and stood up, walking to the kitchen. Seconds later she came back with a first aid kit that we kept laying in the kitchen just in case an emergency.

"It's a little agitated.. did the soccer ball slam against your leg?" She asked me, opening the kit.

"Yeah.." I nod, embarrassed.

This was weird, usually I'd deny her help and just shrug it off.

"Idiot." She chuckled lowly.

"Not nice." I whine.

"I'm going to have to sanitize it. It might sting.. a lot." She warned, looking at me with serious eyes.

Oh gosh.

Please no.

"Is that really necessary..?" I stuttered.

She opened up a pack of gauze and took out the bottle of acetone.

"I didn't even know you can use acetone for wounds-" I yelp.

God.. I probably seem like a baby to her right now. How embarrassing. I'm supposed to be a man.

"It'll sting for a few seconds, it'll be fine. Do you need to hold someone's hand?" She giggled, teasing me.

"Y-Yeah..." I nod slowly, admitting to the truth.

"The pillow." She replied, deadpanned.

"The pillow won't comfort me! It's a darn pillow!" I exclaimed miserably.

"But there's no hand to hold here. Unless you want to hold hands with the spirit in your house." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're too mean." I pout.

She sighed, pausing for a moment.

"Then.. here." She reaches out her left hand.

I gulped, taking it without any hesitation, the anxiousness controlling over my mind and body. If I wasn't so scared right now I would've rejected her hand. I held it tight, tight enough to make it almost cut off all blood circulation.

"I'm not ready-"

"It'll be fine, Jeongin." She reassured me.

I squeezed her hand tighter, as I shut my eyes closed and felt the stinging pain in my cut. I let out a loud shout, from the horrible pain I was feeling. She dabbed the acetone-soaked gauze all over my wound, clearly making sure to get it clean.

Seconds later after experiencing death, I could feel her not dabbing the gauze on my leg anymore. I slowly opened my eyes, pouting in horror. I watched as she put a large bandaid on my leg, and stood up, our hands prying apart.

"There you go. It should heal in a week." She looked at me.

"T-thank you.." I stuttered, chuckling awkwardly and nervously.

"You didn't have to do that for me. I'll make it up to you." I stood up.

"It's okay.. it's only a good thing to do." She smiled at me awkwardly.

The tension was still there obviously; but I couldn't feel it as much as I did before. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"Okay.." I hesitantly replied.

She picked up all of the trash on the floor from the bandaid and the gauze pack, throwing it away in the small trash bin near the TV. She zipped up the kit and looked back at me.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything. Thanks for the popsicle by the way, but it melted." She got up and threw the melted popsicle away, walking upstairs after.

I sigh deeply, shuddering.

I couldn't even think straight; what most bewildered me was how nice Y/N could be sometimes.

That took me by surprise.

The Y/N I know would laugh at me for being clumsy and wouldn't help me; I don't know which Y/N this was.