Chapter 17. Edited

Chapter 17 ~

"Damien, take a breath." Mum walked towards me. "He isn't dead love, but he is in a bad condition. They brought him to the hospital." I looked up. "He isn't?" I stammered. "No." Mrs. Harris said. "I'm allowed to see him tomorrow. Would you like to come with me?" She asked me. "Yes, that would be very nice." I spoke softly. I took a few deep breaths. He isn't dead. I smiled and walked over to Mrs. Harris to give her a hug. "Everything is going to be okay." She said to me. "I hope so." I said to her. "We have to go to police station tomorrow. They asked if you would come too." Mrs. Harris said. "Yes off course." "After that we'll go to the hospital.

I slept better tonight. Still woke up a few times searching for Tyler, but less than the other nights. Mrs. Harris and Destine went home late. We are going to the hospital today, I'm afraid. Scared of how he would look. I don't know if I will be able to talk to him today. Maybe he is even in coma. I went down for breakfast and this time a stayed downstairs for breakfast. Mum had already made my plate, when I sat down next to Scarlett she smiled towards me. "I gave you a little more than the rest." I smiled and began to eat. "What time will Mrs. Harris be here?" Mum asked. "Around 9. Would you mind if I skip school today?" I asked her. "No, just for today no. I'll call your school. You better go get to shower, she'll be here in 30 minutes." I took the last bite of my pancakes and went back upstairs. I am scared actually. If he is awake I don't know how he is going to react. Would he be mad at me for not protecting him? Or will he be happy to see me?

"Hi Mrs. Harris." I greeted her. "Hi, are you ready to go?" "Yes I am." I gave mum a hug and we left. Once we were driving to the police station I couldn't held I anymore. "Mrs. Harris. I'm afraid he will be mad at me." "Who? Tyler? Why would he be mad at you?" "I let Scott take him. I promised him I won't let him get hurt and now he had been gone for nine days and he is in the hospital. I failed him." I said to her noticing I was starting to cry. "He won't be mad. He knows you have done everything you could. Damien, you are is his best friend. I never seen him with anyone like he acts with you. He won't be mad. If he is, he is a fool." She laughed a bit and I went along. It made me a bit better.

"Hi, I am Mrs. Harris and this is Damien Williams. We are here for the Tyler Harris case." She told the assistant. "Ah yes, I see." She grabbed her phone. "James, Mrs. Harris and Mr. Williams are here." "One minute please. Take a seat." She smiled towards us.

"Mrs. Harris? Mr. Williams?" A man walked towards us. "Yes?" Mrs. Harris answered him. "Hello, I am James Connor. Please follow me." We walked towards a room with a glass door and screens in front of the windows. "Take a seat. Do you want anything to drink?" James asked us. "No thank you." I said and Mrs. Harris also said no. "Well, we found Tyler. He is in a really bad shape. He had been beaten a lot, he might even been raped." He paused for a second and Mrs. Harris started to cry. "We don't know that for sure, but we need to keep that thought in mind. Now, before I ask you any questions, do you have one?" I nodded. "Yes, how did you find him?" "We got some tips that Scott was seen around an abandoned shed. We went to check it and it was Scott indeed. After a day observation we went inside and found Tyler. We are still looking for Scott, but we are close. We have agents in the hospital guarding Tyler. He should be fine, my people already talked to him. He has a lot of bruises, his wrist is broken, along with a few ribs. I'm sorry." I closed my eyes. "Did he tell you how Scott took him?" "Yes, a girl knocked at your door saying her car broke down and didn't have a phone. So Tyler gave her his phone to let her call someone and he said he knew a few things about cars so he went to take a look, when he asked her to open the bonnet she said she didn't know how to do it because it was her brothers car. So he sat down in the driver seat to search for the button, but someone grabbed him from behind and held their hand over his mouth, we think it was a sleeping drug or something." I shook my head, the bastard. He knew Tyler would be to kind to turn her down. "Do you have any more questions?" He asked us and we shook our heads. "Damien, I want to ask you a few questions, do you mind if Mrs. Harris stays?" "No, I don't."