february

"we better post something soon, millie" jacob said on the phone. he was somewhere in the states. she was home, in england.

"i guess so... do you have any selfies of us?" millie answered, clearly not interested.

"nope... we have to take some together."

"whatever, just tweet some cheesy line or something." she said.

"okay. so how was your day?" jacob asked. this seemed to shock millie. it was the first time jacob actually took time to care about her.

"it was alright. how about yours?" she asked, suspicious.

"it was good too. what did you do today?"

"well, i went to the park with ava because it stopped raining for a while here in england."

"ava is your baby sister right?"

"yeah. she's a little devil." millie snorted. jacob laughed a bit too. millie smiled, thinking this wasn't that bad afterall.

"well i want to meet her sometime."

"sure, we'll arrange that." millie said, smiling slightly.

they talked for about half an hour, about random little things, the kind of talk you have when you're meeting someone for the first time. eventhough they had texted before, it had never been like this. the conversation they had had actually been nice.

~

they got to know eachother better and by february, millie actually started liking him.

valentine's day came along and so did her birthday. it was the perfect time to show off their relationship with posts and surprises and what not.

she sent him gifts to his concert and he told her he loved her in a livestream.
she told him she loved him on a birthday post and said she missed him.

people went nuts.
most of the stranger things fandom hated jacob, jillie and this whole crap.
most of jacob's fandom hated them too.
there was a small portion of people who were indifferent and another one who loved them.

but there was no reaction from one particular person for months.