Hana has been with me through thick and thin. Always there and ready to help me. When I had my first piano solo she always encouraged me when I practised telling me I will ace it and that I had nothing to worry about, because in the end even if I messed up I should be proud to be the chosen one to play the solo.

During my first 'heartbreak' even though it was puppy love she still tried to make me feel better. Years later she confessed she thought I was being dramatic and that she knew I would layer look back and be embarrassed... she was right.

When I was 15 she decided to come back her to Japan to start college, leaving me behind. I couldn't blame her. If I were her, I would've done the same. And that's why I'm here now.

In conclusion: I would die without Hana

I don't know at what time during the car ride I fell asleep, but soon after I felt someone nudge my shoulder urging me to wake up, but also whining about how they just wanted to go to sleep already.

"(Name)! Wake up or I will not hesitate to pour this water bottle on you"

... that was my queue to slowly open my eyes to see an agitated Hana. Her right hand gripping tightly a half filled water bottle.

I opened my eyes widely and sat up. It took me a while to to take in my surroundings, the sun was rising painting the sky a light orange and yellow.

We were parked in front of an apartment building.

Without another word we both got out of the car. After grabbing by luggage from the trunk of the red car we made our to the front entrance of the complex.

The lobby was empty as we walked towards the elevator. The wheels of the luggage filling the empty silence

Once we were in the elevator, Hana continuously pressed the "close doors" button. As soon as they closed she pressed the button for the 5th floor. It was obvious she was in hurry to get to her bed. The sound of her right foot tapping as she cussed at how slow the elevator is, I on the other side tried my best not to laugh.

When the elevator door opened we hurried to the apartment. We took a right and walked past... maybe five doors before we stood in front of her apartment door.

I stared at the golden numbers that were stuck to the white door.

Hana took out the golden keys unlocking the door, opening it wide open for me to go in.

I dragged by luggage I'm as she turned on the lights.

The apartment was small but it looked cozy and homely. The living room was on the right. It consisted of 2 love seats facing each other with a glass coffee table in between. The tv on the wall to the right.

To left was the kitchen, in the middle a tiny island with two stools. And down the hall there were 4 doors, one of glass that was to the very end, it lead to the small balcony outside. The other three... I don't know yet.

"you'll be staying in the guest room... Well, more like the guest room is now your room. Ok?"

I nodded my head as I followed Hana down the hallway.

She lead me to the second door going into the hallway.

I rubbed my sweaty palms on my sport shorts. They were too sweaty from carrying the luggage.

Turning on the lights I stepped in. A queen bed in the middle of the room and a nightstand were the only things keeping the bedroom completely empty.

Before I knew it I was already laying down on the queen sized mattress. Hana was still leaning on the door frame as she observed me.

"We're having a serious talk after you rest." was all she said before she shut the door and went into her room.

I was too tired to unpack. And my stiff neck wasn't doing any good. So I stood up and took out some sweats and a cami shirt from my luggage.

The sunlight was now invading the room as the white walls were a very light yellow.

After changing I jumped into the bed and closed my eyes and drifted into a deep slumber.

• • •

Once I woke up I went straight to the kitchen. My empty stomach begging to be fed. Trying to figure out where the bread was i opened the last cabinet I hadn't checked yet.

And there it stood in all its glory. Grabbing it I set it on the small island in the middle of the small kitchen along with the rest of the ingredients.

After assembling the sandwich the sound sound of the bathroom door opening startled me. Hana walked in the kitchen and sat on the stool next to me.

She was typing on her phone as I munched on my sandwich, until she set the device on table and turned to face me.

"So, may I know what made you take a flight and come back?" Her voice was way too serious.

I tensed beside her before turning to face her also.

Taking a deep breath I spoke, "I had an argument with Mom"

"Was it that bad?" Her eyes had softened. She knew me and mom didn't have a good relationship... but that's a story for another time also.

I nodded my head. She took the hint and decided not to push the subject further.

"If you're staying for as long as you can before mom comes and bursts through that door," she lazily pointed her index finger towards the door, "we're gonna have to find a school for you to go to. You can choose, just to make sure it's close and a good one"

"Do you have a computer? My phone doesn't have service" I said as I pointed towards my phone that was on top of the counter.

"it's in my room"

After grabbing the laptop from her room I searched up nearby schools as I finished my meal.

An hour later of looking through my choices I stepped down for one... Aoba Josai High seemed like a good one and Hana confirmed, saying the girl who lived in the apartment next to us is also becoming a third year too and going to Aoba also.

I had a month before I would start school. That was enough for me to adapt into the new environment... and get used to my new life.

I wasn't ready for what was coming.

• • •

And that's the first chapter! I hope you liked it, and if you did give it a vote!(This sounds like some YouTube video outro)
I have another book where I will be posting the outfits and where I get my inspo for some chapters so check that out on my profile.

Add this book to your liabray to get a notif whenever I update! ♡