P.8

"We're glad you're doing alright Karmen." Derrick said as he handed me some flowers and balloons. "Sorry for your loss too." He finished as he sat down next to me.

"Thank you, I called you over here because I have something to tell you." I began. My hands started to sweat as I placed the flowers down on the table.

"What's up? You can trust me, and if you need anything. I gotchu." Derrick said as he adjusted his self in the seat next to me.

"I'm pregnant." I began. A smile came across Derrick's face. "I was just wondering of that will affect my career and put things on hault."

"First off Congratulations, Laura called it when we made our way to the hospital that day. But  you can still shoot if you would like. You can cover up your belly if you dont want to show it, we can make whatever adjustments you need Karmen. Its no problem its life." He explained.

I got so excited and I hugged him. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I said as I pulled away.

These past few weeks I've built this brother sister relationship with Derrick. Yes he's my boss and everything but he is a very sweet and genuine person. He's someone I can call when no ones there.

Lately Devin's been distant. After the funeral a week ago he didnt come back over. I've been calling and calling. It's almost like he's been avoiding me.

The clock strikes 1130 PM and I still havent heard from Devin. I looked out my window and I usually see him moving around through his window but it was dead.

I threw on a hoodie and some leggings and walked across the street. I knocked and no one answered.

I started banging on the door and then his mother came to the door.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry...I've been trying to get in contact with Devin..is he here?"

"No baby, Devin doesn't live here anymore. He moved into his own place about a week ago."

"Huh? Can you give me the address?" I asked.

She gave me the address and I typed it into my phone and hopped in my car.

I did about 80 on the interstate as I followed the GPS.

Finally I pulled up to complex and I she his white altima parked in a spot. I pulled up next to it and dialed his number.

"Hello?" He said with a sleepy tone to his voice. "Hey babe, what are you doing?" I said as I pretended to be calm. "Nothing, I was sleep wassup?" He asked.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to see you." I said as I got out the car. "Where are you?" I asked as I walked into the building.

"Home." He said with an unsteady voice. "Oh okay," I answered I approached his apartment door and knocked.

He came to the door. "Who is it?" He asked. I covered the peep hole and then he opened the door.

"Oh shit," he said as he jumped out his skin.

"Yeah nigga, you thought I wasnt gonna find you?" I said as I crossed my arms.

He just sucked his teeth. "So are you gonna let me in?" I asked.