"How can a wolf not know about alphas? I heard one of the men mention. I gazed at them, a memory shooting through me. One of them, I remembered vaguely. He was there! The night of the attack! The one with the honey brown hair and green eyes! He must have remembered me too, because a look of astonishment was on his face. He moved towards me in a daze.

"I remember you from that night! You held my hand! You dick! Why didn't you call for help! You left me there! To die on the side of the road like roadkill!" I started screaming at him. I was pissed.

"I didn't think you would survive your wounds. I'm so sorry." he whispered, bit I could still hear him. He kneeled at my feet, head bowed. I'm not sure if he was praying or asking forgiveness, but I felt bad. Like usual, my temper is quick to light and just as quickly extinguished. I placed my free hand on his head and apologized.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for yelling." He got up and stared at me with his eyes brimming with tears.

"I can't believe we nearly lost our Luna. I'm so happy you survived." he whispered. My face was a mask of confusion. Luna? What the hell? Wow I've said that a lot.

"What are you talking about Brian?" Triple S said, his hackles were raised. I wondered why?

"She was the human attacked the night you fought Richard. " Brian was it?

"My god, I almost had you finish her." he breathed then dragged me and Alyssa once more into his chest. As much as I liked it, it was starting to get old. I mean I didn't even know his name!

He looked down at me then let us go, he must have seen the irritation on my face.

"When we get back to the pack house I'll explain everything to you." he said then grabbed my hand and proceeded to drag me towards the woods. Yes, dragged. The moment he said what he said I placed my heels in to the ground and leaned back.

"I'm not going anywhere with you! I'm staying here in my home! You're hot, I'll give you that, but this is my home. My son will be home soon" I said. My words seemed to stop him in his tracks. He turned slowly around to me.

"You're my mate, you come with me." he said.

"Alright Tarzan, listen here! I'm not sure what mate means, but I'm not going anywhere with you! Flippin caveman! You mine! You go with me!" I started imitating his antics and I could hear a couple of snorts from his peanut gallery. He quickly shot them a glare silencing them, but I kept on going.

"Plus, what about my family? I'm not letting my son come home to an empty house, and my husband will flip if he comes home and can't find me." I finished, hoping he would understand and let us be.

"Husband?" he growled and his eyes flashed gold. Shit, was I in trouble.

*Damon P.O.V.*

Husband?! A pain shot through me and my wolf howled in pain. How could she have a husband? Why didn't she wait for me? I waited for her. Now I don't know what to do. The honorable thing would be to stay far away from her, but I knew the consequences of that. Mates who meet and reject each other will die slowly and painfully. Their wolf disconnects and gives up, and dies. When the wolf dies, so does the person. I saw it once, a man was rejected by his mate because she loved someone else. He ate but was never nourished, drank but was never hydrated. No matter what he or we did, he faded away. Tragic. I was not going to go through with that, nor would I do that to my Luna. Crap.

I looked at her closely. She has a plush figure, all soft and curvy, a near perfect hourglass with a nice sized chest, and if I'm not mistaken a nice curvy little rump. Gods, she was perfect. I can already imagine those long legs wrapped around me. She was a perfect height for me, 5'6" or so. Others, mainly females, would say she's got a bit of weight to lose, but I disagreed. A man doesn't want to lay on a bag of bones, it hurts. A pillowy softness and something for a man to grab on, now that's the ticket. Her sweet lovely face looked at me with a bit of hope in her warm brown eyes and I was lost. Lost in the world of my dreams where I'm crushing those full pouty lips with my own, where I'm seeing passion color those high cheekbones; where her eyes weren't full of hope and a bit of fear, but flasing desire with a bit of desperation.

"She must have felt my mood change for a blush covered her cheeks, and seeing just a hint of my fantasy come to life dragged a groan out of me. I tucked my fantasy away for later and refocused on the present. I took her free hand and did my best not to throw both of the girls over my shoulder and run for the woods. I looked down at her and did the only thing I could do. I swallowed my pride.

"I'm sorry I failed to protect you. I'm sorry I didn't look for you. I understand." I told her. I watched her eyes fill up with some tender emotion.

"You're forgiven. You didn't know." she replied. I watched as she fought a battle inside of herself before she made a decision. " Would you all like to come in for lunch? I might as well get some stuff answered while your here. I'll find your friend some clothes so he can shift back." she smiled, a little one, but it was there. She took my breath away. She turned towards her home and we quickly followrd. I can't remember the last time I had something homemade. Before we went in, I quickly grabbed Brian and hugged him.

"Thank you for saving my mate."

We quickly ate the simple meal of sandwiches and soup and made our way into the small living room. I sat on the couch, hoping that she would sit beside me. Pathetic I know. Instead she took a seat in the easy chair near the couch. Brian sat next to me on the couch, great. The others took up position against a wall, probably not to crowd the small room. Smart. Alyssa went to a corner and started babbling at her toys. Jack watched her before asking my mate for permission to play with her. She looked at me, wanting me to vouch for him.

"He will be good with her or face me. Trust me." I replied, growling a warning to him. He may be third in command but I will kill him if he causes my mate pain. Plus, the baby was cute and rubbing off on him with her sweet smile. My mate nodded permission while my wolf purred at the thought of her trusting me. Wait! I didn't know her name!

Some mate you turned out to be. My wolf teased at me. I growled back at him. Oh and you're so amazing! You know as much as I do! My wolf gave a laugh and quickly replied back. Not true, her wolf and I have been talking to each other while you have been doing nothing.

"I just realized we don't know each other's names, yet we're sitting here in my house and I'm trusting you not to kill us all. Jeez, I'm dense." My beautiful woman said, face palming herself.

"You can trust me. I would lay my life down for you and your children. My name is Damon. I'm the alpha of the Red Claw Pack. This is Brian, my Beta, who you've already met. That is Jack, my head enforcer, with your daughter. Those three are enforcers and trackers. Caden, Max, and Adam." Each man bowed their heads and smiled when I said their names. That way she could tell who was who.

"My name is Victoria and that is Alyssa" I looked over at the baby and was taken aback. There was my head enforcer, fierce and loyal, playing dolls with a baby, listening raptly to every incomprehensible babble, like he not only understood, but thought she was incredibly wise. Victoriia smiled at the scene they made. Victoria. I'm gonna have to watch a bunch of football, build something, then blow it up. I'm becoming a girl.

{Lucky ducks! You can thank all the lovely comments for this chapter! Especially @catanne85! Her comments were so sweet and motivating, I had to write something! Also, thanks again to @janie1617 for giving this story a chance! You all should read her stuff! Its amazing! You know the drill peeps! Vote, Follow, Comment! Ps this will hopefully publish, as it didn't work the first time. Fingers crossed!}