"You'll have to excuse Nik." Mikhail rolls his eyes as Nik leans down and kisses her cheek. I'm going to kill him. Her eyes widen as she looks back at me, but I keep my face expressionless. She's allowed to do whatever she wants and I'd rather not give away the fact that I'm pissed, so as if guessing my thoughts she stands on her tip toes and kisses Nik on the cheek. He freezes and grabs his cheek. I'm going to have to make this clearer tonight.

"Oh chante." He grabs her hand and kisses it batting his eyes at her and to my amazement she laughs. It doesn't sound like she's going to stop anytime soon when a door opens and heavy footsteps clamber down the hall towards us. Ted. This time I let my wolf growl inside my chest.

"Five, four, three, two, one." She has impeccable timing. We all knew when he'd arrive, but it seems she's not in the least bit surprised either. We stare at him as he storms over glaring at Devyn the entire way. He doesn't pay any attention to us as he grabs Devyn's arm and pulls her away from all of us. I can hear her heartbeat strain against where his hand is, knowing he's holding it too tight. I know my eyes darken as I glare at his hand that's holding her.

"What do you think you're doing?" His voice is full of anger...and a hint of possessiveness? That's weird. I look at my brother's confirming they picked up on it too. I told them who he was, so there's no way he should be angry or jealous. Okay, maybe angry, but not jealous.

"It's none of your business, Ted." She glares at him, not backing down. She's tough, but it might get her hurt or worse, killed. My wolf smiles at the way she laced his name with venom.

"Now that you're living under my roof everything you do is my business." Isn't he her Uncle? What happened after I left last night?  My eyes widen. Does this have anything to do with me driving her home?

"You're not my father." His hand twitches at his side. "Now if you'll excuse me." She starts to walk back over to us when he grabs her again. I take a step forward deciding on how to stop him when Mikhail grabs my shoulder stopping me. He only shakes his head once, but I know what he means. I can't get involved. I can't blow our secret. Ted leans in to whisper in her ear not knowing we can all still hear him.

"Do not think this will go unpunished." He leans back and straightens his suit. "Now, get to class." And with that the first bell rings. Her hands and jaw clench. Did he just threaten her?! My wolf is dying to be let out, but I take a deep breath and push him back.

"Devyn?" She looks over at us like she forgot we were there. She opens her mouth to speak but it starts to shake as tears start to form in her eyes. I can't stop myself this time. I run to her side and apparently my brother's have the same idea because they're right behind me. "Devyn did he hurt you?"

"I guess I can't lie now that you saw that." She gives me a small smile trying to comfort me but I tense anyway and by the look on her face we all had.

"Did he do this because you were with me?" Mikhail instantly looks at me, but I ignore him. He knew she was with me, so I guess this is part of the act. Although he made everything else obvious, so he shouldn't have bothered.

"It's not your fault." She grabs my hand. I would be happy if I wasn't so pissed. Yeah, that made sense. "Please, don't worry about it." I nod once but I know she can tell I'm not going to let it go. She takes a big breath and turns to Max.

"I'm sorry. With all the fuss I didn't catch your name." He smiles and grabs her outstretched hand.

"I'm Max." She shakes his hand and smiles at all of us in turn. I wonder what she's thinking. We all smile back but I can't stop thinking about Ted. What a dick! No man should ever hit a woman. EVER. Especially if that woman is Devyn. Seriously, what is going on right now?  Control yourself!