Slut-shaming, Tools, and Pops

Start from the beginning

"Yo!" - I actually use the 'yo' sometimes, I like it standing alone. Sometimes to substitute the 'yo' you could change it to Oi.

"Dude?! Yes!" - Dude is pretty much acceptable, just don't over-use it. Like, once per a chapter.

UNACCEPTABLE ways:

"Yo, bro, so I was down at the grocery and I saw this dude and I was like: sup." -in the event of an apocalypse, kill this man first, for he has no brains to be eaten by the zombies.

Just don't over-use them, just don't. If you can write but can't sell it to me, don't publish it.

Lesson Three of the Basics:

Y'all thought I forgot huh? I see you hiding in the far corners, looking at your screen and sweating because you know what I'm going to say.

Do not, and oh God, I swear to God don't you do this or you will have me beating down your damn door, DO NOT slut-shame the head cheerleader or any other female character.

There is a bunch of shit I can take from Wattpad, but slut-shaming, damn you just struck a chord.

Maybe it's because I'm a feminist, but seeing a girl verbally attacked by a man doesn't make him sexy, doesn't make him anymore attractive to me, does not make him a fucking wet-dream.

It makes him an ass.

And considering if your back-story is this:

Alpha meets girl, girl isn't his mate, they fuck because they decide each-other is sexy. Alpha meets virgin-sacrifice of a mate, virgin-sacrifice is jealous because she has low self-esteem, Alpha doesn't really break things off with other girl. Other girl wonders what's going on, proceeds to go to his house. Alpha proceeds to scream at her how she was a cheap fuck, and pushes her out of the picture with no other explanation.

Wow. Every time I read a story like this, I just exit it out, remove it from my library and go back to reading gay fanfiction on AO3.

Have you ever considered how she would feel? As a writer, you are literally creating a universe, a network of people that are interacting- people that grew up together, knew each-others great aunts and uncles by name, people that don't like chocolate and are allergic to peanuts.

That's the point of writing- creating these people, you get to design a whole fucking universe and you're the damn boss! And you give me this mediocre shit?! You can't change it up? Can't have the girl grow some tits and shove her hand down his throat while she stands up for herself while saying: "I just wanted  an explanation- you little man whore!"  instead of putting on a bitch-face and going back to seduce to him a few days after, only to get thrown out of the pack?!

God, I'm so fucking done with the girls in werewolf books needing a man to survive!That girl, who you have described as hot as fuck- because big tits and a big butt is attractive, especially if they have killer legs like you have described- sounds like she doesn't need a man. Maybe she needs a woman?! Maybe she had an absent father so she looks for affections from men elsewhere?! Maybe she is just a confused girl, because most of the time, these girls are fucking kids, between 15 and early twenties, and I don't care, if you are old enough to attend college, you're a kid in my book- hell I'm a kid in my book.

Point is- sorry I ranted a bit- there are so many other ways to make your male lead look attractive, and making him a man-whore, and then shaming a girl that does the same thing as he does, is not only fucking sexist, but god damn- it's ridiculous. STOP putting certain people- *cough cough* virgins, man whore Alphas- on a fucking pyramid of I-do-wrong-but-I-can-shame-others-for-doing-the-same-thing.

Lesson Four of the Basics:

What I am about to tell you might shock you...just sit down for this, alright? Just remember to inhale and exhale, alright? Just do it for me, cause this is pretty much the biggest shocker for half of the werewolf writers out there.

You ready? You sure?

NOT EVERYONE IS WHITE.

If I could underline words, I'D BE UNDERLINING THAT. I'd be highlighting that shit, I'd be fucking wrapping Christmas lights around it.

Somehow the only time there is ever any diversity in werewolf books is the old wise native-american, which kind is the most stereotypical thing I've ever heard of. What have you guys been watching reruns of pocahontas, and based the wise random Indian off of Grandma Willow?!

Seriously. It makes me angry.

I want diversity, I want an african american as the cock-blocker, I want a muslim girl to be the main character's best friend, I want a step-dad that's asian. I want the main character to be any damn color than isn't white sometimes.

I want them to be different, I want the main girl to have a big nose because her father is Jewish! I want the main boy to have a different hair color other than fucking black hair! I want freckles, I want birthmarks, scars that tell stories, lips that are thin, and fingers that are chubby!

I'm tired of Bob, the white guy, and Rose, the white girl, who have white friends, and only ever interact with white people even when they live in a city that's populated with different races.

And sometimes if we're lucky, they'll have the main guy be really tan, but God fucking forbid if he's anything but a white dude. *sarcasm*

Just- I try, I try to include as much as I can. In my Skin book, I have Giles and Quin, the quirky family of two who basically adopted Lennox. I have one of Schuyler's dad be Native American, I'm about to introduce one of her home-town friends as a hyperactive Muslim girl.

America is a salad bowl of different races, different cultures, and if you are placing your book in America, you have every single ethnic at your finger-tips. Embrace it, learn it. It's cultural appreciation.

Isn't that kind of the whole point, though? Reading a story about different people and just taking it in? Learning from it?

What we learned today:

Don't slut shame, don't make your men sound like fucking tools, the entire world isn't white and don't use 'pop' unless you want me to pop a few bones out of place.

If I offended you....just....shhh.

Next week on How not to Fuck up a Werewolf book: How to make a male lead without him being an asshole, man-whore, or a sociopath!!!

Thoughts below, because I'd like to know if I should continue.