Chapter 2. They can keep them.

"Are you ready to hear what they turned your songs into?", Jamie asked Blake, and that made her laugh. These last four days that's all the band has been talking about.

"I don't know man". They came into the studio, where Scott was already waiting for them. He shook hands with Tommy and Danny, high-fived Chace and Ben, and then looked at Blake.

"Are you in a good mood today?" Scott asked the girl, smiling.

"Depends on what they did".

They came into a room where the 5 boys were talking to their managers. Scott said hi to them all, and the whole room stayed silent when Blake appeared. She looked at them, feeling everyone's eyes on her. She was feeling a bit weird; being the centre of attention was not something she enjoyed; not when she wasn't on a stage.

"Are you going to stare at me the whole day, or are you singing at some point?" she asked, a bit rudely.

"Boys, I think it's time City Lights hear what you made out of their songs" Scott said.

"Actually they are Blake's songs, she wrote them on her own" Ben pointed.

The five boys went into the booths and started singing Taken. Tommy was all the time looking at Blake. That girl was like a sister to him. He was the oldest of the band, the one who started it all, along with Danny. They started playing guitar together, and then found out their classmate Chace played the bass, and asked him to form a band. Then they just needed a drummer and someone to be the singer. That's when they met Ben. He was waiting outside the principal's office in their high school because he had been late for class during the whole week. And well, Danny was also there for being rude to the Chemistry teacher. Blake was the last to come. Tommy had known her forever, since she was his best friend's cousin. The rest is history.

"How are they doing so far Blake?". She looked up at him, and smiled.

"They did fine with this one. It's the other song the one that really worries me".

The boys finished the song and were about to go out of the booths when Blake whispered something to Scott.

"Guys, would you please sing Same Mistakes before coming out of there?" he said, and they did as asked.

 "I bet 10 punds and a lunch at Nando's that Liam sings the first part" Chace told the rest of them.

"No, Harry will" Danny said.

"Shut up and listen, lads. Chace, Danny won the bet, we'll have Nando's tomorrow". Ben said, as he looked over to Blake. She had got up from the chair she'd taken earlier. He went to her and placed his arm around her shoulder, while she let her head rest on his chest. He could tell she was having a bad time listening to those lyrics. She's never been ready to sing them herself, that's why they never did anything but an acoustic version of the songs. She wrote Taken after breaking up with her boyfriend Ian, what a rough boy he was. Same Mistakes was a mix of feelings: Ian, fake friends... all kind of relationships can be related to that song. 

The five boys finished with the singing, and this time they could get out of the booth. They were all happy with the song, the five boys and their team, Scott; even Blake's mates, who were all looking at the girl, waiting for her reaction. Suddenly she picked up her bag and looked over to Scott.

"They can keep them", she said.

"Are you sure Blake?" Scott asked her, and she nodded.

"Where are you going? We were all going to eat out today" Chace told her.

"I'm not feeling good, I need to go home. See you later guys", and she left the room.

"Good job boys" Tommy said.