Chapter Thirtytwo

Start from the beginning

"Mum!" I scolded. "W-we weren't doing that!"

"That? What are you...twelve? It's sex, Harry. Sex. The word you are looking for is se--"

"I get it." I shot at her.

Mum's lost it. I'm sure she lost her sanity somewhere along these years and I couldn't tell. She was laughing over the phone as I drove, every now and then rolling my eyes at every party detail she explained. I'm actually very happy to have moved on from the previous topic, but now she wouldn't stop babbling. Something about her sudden mood makes me curious. She was never like this.

"Mum," I groaned. "When's Gemma coming?"

"She should be here in an hour or so, darling. Right now I'm giving Belle a bath. Apparently you never allowed her to play in the dirt. She saw the chance and took it!" Mum giggled.

I sighed, chuckling to myself. "Okay, well I'll see you in five. I'm almost home."

Serenity;

"I will hit you," I warned Emily as she shook the stool I was standing on. We were in charge of making decorations for this ridiculous fourth of July barbeque. I didn't think we needed fucking decorations, but my parents thought otherwise. Red, white, and blue little decorative items hung around our back porch.

Emily chuckled beneath me, saying, "I'm surprised your parents let me come over. Aren't you on like lockdown? No human contact being allowed?"

I shrugged my shoulders, pinning the red, white, and blue sandpaper flower cutout onto the wall. Leaning my head back to examine it overall. "Not really...I'm allowed to hang out with you, but that's pretty much it for me."

A song played in the background while I hopped off the stool. Emily hummed to herself, doing absolutely nothing that would be considered assistance. I went back over to the table that had little to none decorations left stacked on top of each other. The beauty of it all is that I'm almost finished with decorating duty and I could relax afterwards.

"So, how are things with you and Harry?"

Last night popped into my head, heat taking over my face and spreading across from cheek to cheek. I bit my lip, trying to shake off the images of what happened last night. The feel of his fingers, his slightly rough hands against my skin, his breath fanning over me, our lips touching, and every sentence he spoke inked on my brain like a tattoo. He was gone this morning, but I figured he'd do it anyway to avoid getting caught.

I realized Emily was staring at me, her eyes rolling back before she groaned. "I'm never going to get laid." Is all she said, turning around and sitting on one of the extra stools.

Emily was still a virgin, confused on the "wonders" of what sex is and I honestly kind of want to "aw" her right now, but I'm sure she'll give me the evil eye.

Sex isn't a big deal once you've done it once. I understand some people take their virginity seriously; like my mom who'd constantly worry over mine before she found out I wasn't a virgin and slapped me. It's understandable you want to keep yours until you feel ready.

"There will come a day when you'll lose your v-card," I sat next to her, chuckling while she stared out into my yard. A couple of my family members were already here.

Creepy cousin Lenny, who was like sixteen. Uncle Tony, who was single most of his life but I actually like him because he's so inappropriate -- keep in my mind this is my dad's side of the family and definitely the best side. Aunt Sam and Uncle Francis -- married to each other and produced Lenny, my twelve year-old cousin Mia, and my thirteen year-old cousin Jacob, who was a camp not here.