9- Dance Around the Situation, Leanne

"This is nice." Remington sighs. I take my head off his shoulder and smile up at him. He looks down at me, ruffling my weird hair fondly. "Yeah. It is." I admit, smiling while I fix my hair. Remington stuck his tongue out at me as I made a snarky face at him. Then he looks over at Emerson, who was on my right side so I was unaware of anything he was doing. Rem nodded at him, got up and took all our spoons from us. I guess Emerson said something to make him go.

"...thanks?" I said unsure, taken aback from his sudden departure. It's moments like these that make me hate the fact I'm constantly always halfway out of the loop. Not that I'm not always like that anyways, but this really brings attention to that.

Emerson took my chin in his hand and turned my face towards him. I look at him, confused yet also thankful he took the extra step to get my attention. I probably wouldn't have taken the initiative myself. "I asked him to go." He explained, his eyes searching mine for something. I hope he found it.

"Oh." I said in realization. "Okay then." I said at a loss of words, noting the apprehension in his gaze. I turned my body to face him. His hand falls off my torso, landing on my knee as I crossed my legs in front of him. He turned and mirrored me, so both of us were sitting on my couch with our legs crossed as we faced each other.

"What's up?" I asked quietly, clasping my hands together. My left index finger started to scratch at the skin on the edge of my nails on my right hand. A habit I've had for years, a physical representation of my boredom or anxiety depending on the situation.
"Why don't you talk to me?" He asked bluntly. Okay I'm confused. I talk to him more than I've ever talked to anyone in such a short amount of time. I blinked. "What do you mean?" I asked, smiling nervously. "I mean, I think I've been more than generous considering I met you last night at a broken down parking lot on a smoke break." I point out. He smiles briefly, before getting serious.

I hate when people get serious.

"You talk to Rem like an old friend, like... like you like him. But me?" He trailed off, his voice hurt and slightly broken. His eyes, shaped like a basset hounds but definitely less droopy, reflect such a sadness that my heart stopped momentarily. I realized what he was hinting at. He felt neglected. I'm a horrible person. My eyes widened as I thought over my next words.

"Em...." I bit my lip. "I do like you. But... if I were to be friends with you like I am with Rem..."

If I were to be friendly with him like I am with Remington, we could never date. Emerson would be friend-zoned. Then I would lose a friend if we didn't work out.

He watched me intently as I fidgeted with my hands. His hand took my left one, holding it sweetly to keep me from further damaging the cuticles on my right hand. "...what?" He asks softly."I don't mean to ignore you." I changed the subject. He chuckled lightly, rolling his eyes a bit. "That's not what I mean Leanne..." He says softly. I ducked my head, trying so hard to hide my blush. This is all too much.

My hair fell over my face, my eyes -eye- racing as I tried to find something to search for. I haven't even thought about the answer he was looking for. Emerson pushes hair behind my left ear, opening my peripheral up to see him looking at me with softness I've never seen before. My stomach fluttered with butterflies, and my back got uncomfortably hot.

"Leanne. Please. Look at me." He pleads, whispering as his hand rests on my left cheek. His thumb softly caresses my cheek bone, and I flick my vision up to look up at him. He's biting his lip, his hair falling around his eyes, creating a natural contour line. His pale lips were curved up in a smile only Emerson could make, pinched but pouty, small yet wide, sad but still happy.

I really like that smile.

"Leanne." Emerson called. I heard him, but my mind was still zoning out. "Hmm?" I blinked to focus. "What are you thinking?" He asked. "Nothing." I shrugged. He bites his lower lip in frustration.
"Love, please." His eyes stared intently into mine, the sea green mixed with blues consuming my thoughts. Everything in my mind went completely blank as all I could see was his eyes.

What if? What if I let him love me? What if I let myself love him? What if I gave him the answer he was looking for? What if i really wanted to give him the answer he was looking for? Do I have the answer he wanted? What answer did I want to give?

Do I trust him? Yes, I do. I really do. If the fact I invited him and his brothers over the day after I met them had nothing to say against that. Is he a good person? He's the sweetest. He calls me Love. He makes me feel normal, appreciated. He said I have nice tits. But he's a drummer. And just look at those arms. He's a drummer, what about tour? What then? No. It's too early to be thinking these things.  The real question... is

Do I want to be with him?

And with all the facts laid out in front of me, the combinations of his eyes and the Sherlock like clues dancing in front of me, i could figure out the answer well enough for myself.

"Leanne?"

I'm taking too long. Do I want to answer? Should I just shove this away?

"Love? You in there?"

My eyes looked from his left and right eye intermittently, both of his gorgeous, working eyes. Those damn eyes.

They're so pretty. They're not even the same, they're very different when you actually start looking at them. But they're still exactly the same.

"Leanne? I'm going to try something...."

"Oh. Shut up and just kiss me already Emerson."

———————/-

One chapter left guys.