8-Sleep Deprived With Cookies

"Wait, are you guys taking a nap? Without me?!" Remington interrupted the serenity. I lifted my head off Emerson's chest, and looked grumpily over at the intruder. "I wanna join!" Remington pouted. "Shh you idiot! He's sleeping!" I hissed quietly. Rem's mouth formed an 'o' shape, and he nodded obediently. "Did you wash your shovel?" I asked.
"My what?" He whispered hoarsely, moving closer to us.

"Your hand! The shovel!" I gestured violently.
"Ohhh yeah I did." He nodded for emphasis as his confusion evaporated off his face. I sighed through my nose, and looked at Emerson's peaceful face. I looked back at Remington's puppy pouting face, and caved in. "Alright. Fine." I whispered, patting the bed next to me. I moved off Emerson's chest, resting my head on his shoulder as Remington clambered onto my bed and laid next to me. He melted into the sheets. "Your bed is really comfy...." he muttered. I giggled quietly, and he curled into my side.

For such a tall, lean giraffe, he made himself small and cuddly when he laid next to me. I turned my body so my head was resting on Emerson's stomach like a pillow, and my legs were laying over Remington's. Emerson shifted, his left hand reaching up and weaving itself in my hair. I don't even think he realized he was doing it. Remington reaches up and took my hand.

"Rem?" I said quietly."Yea?" Came his sleepy reply. "What are you doing?" His hand tightened a little. "Offering support." He mumbled one last time before his eyes fluttered closed. These poor guys are really just sleep deprived children.

I smiled in content and closed my eyes, feeling Remi's grip on my hand loosen as he passed out, and hearing Emerson breathe deeply. The combined warmth from our kind of dog pile was enough to put me asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, the sun was setting. I blinked a few times, confused from the nap. My body was half over Emerson's, my right hand clutching his left hand. My legs were still over Remington's, his right hand holding my left. I let go of both of the boys, and start to sit up slowly, stretching and being sure to not disturb them. They obviously needed the sleep. I crawled out of my bed, feeling kind of peckish.

But only for cookie dough. So I did what any logical person would do.

I stepped in front of my mirror, realized that if I wasn't already friends with Remington and Emerson I sure as hell was now (because both of them have now seen more of my body than I would be comfortable with showing a one night stand), grabbed a change of pajamas that consisted of a Black Veil Brides tank top and Panic! At the Disco 'ARE YOU NASTY' booty shorts (for the record, yes), and walked out of my room towards the kitchen.

I took off my dress and changed on the way, leaving the clothing in the hallway. I slide on my socks through the tiled kitchen, and dangerously cut around the corner to my pantry, holding the corner of the wall for support. My feet danced under me as they tried to gain some sort of traction."oh SHIT!" I shrieked, falling despite my best efforts. I landed on my open palms, a jolt running through my body as I winced. The smack sound disappeared in the air.

"Fuck..." I whispered to myself, waiting to hear movement from my room, before I moved myself back up to my feet. "All this for some goddamn cookies. Better be fucking worth it." I grumbled, shuffling much more carefully to the pantry.

"Flour.... Brown sugar.... chocolate chips, duh... baking soda...." I loaded my arms up as I talked to myself, and shuffled to the island counter, setting everything down and shuffling back towards the pantry. "Can't forget the vanilla." I gripped the glass vial tightly, because knowing my luck the three second back to the counter would result in glass and sticky vanilla extract everywhere. "Eggs.... SALT! Crap. Need salt. And butter. Stick butter."

To any outsider, I would have looked like an escaped mental patient: bed head, band merch, smeared makeup and bright pale blue eye. Crazy. I started grabbing measuring cups and dumping everything into designated mixing bowls. I heard a shuffling beside me, but I didn't look up as I readied the electric mixer. I turned on the mixer, the whir filling the entire kitchen and probably echoing down to my room.

"Well I'm glad I got up after you left, because this definitely would have woken me up." Emerson said over the noise, wrapping his arms above my waist and hugging me from behind. His cheek rested on the back of my head as I finished mixing ingredients, forming the dough I so desperately craved.

Must be PMS.

I hit the beaters on the edge of the bowl to knock some of the dough off, before starting to lick one. I turned around in Emerson's loose grip, and offered the other beater to him. He smiled brightly at me, his eyes glazed over sleepily, taking the beater from me. He licked the top of it, my eyes widening as he winked at me. It's almost like we've been a couple for ages, but we only met yesterday.

I blushed and stepped out of his grip, heading over to the pans I fought with just to get out from under my other pans. Luckily for me, I already lined the pans with foil (it's a miracle that noise didn't wake Remington), so I just had to scoop globs of dough onto the two pans available for me. I turned around and saw Remington inch into the kitchen. His eyes lit up as he saw the unattended bowl of cookie dough. He didn't notice I was watching him.

Emerson was sitting on my counter, swinging his legs back and forth while he happily licked dough off the beater I provided to him. Remington happily shuffled over to the bowl, and I leaned against the counter just to watch him. As his hand went to dip into the dough, I snapped my fingers and pointed at him.

"Touch that dough and loose your hand." I threaten, and his hand shoots back like he got bitten by a snake. "Sorry." Remington pouted. Emerson snorted. "Y'know, when I was walking out here I thought you were naked." Emerson spoke. Remington froze, and I giggled lightly. " 'cause of the dress?" I asked, grabbing spoons and starting to scoop dough into the silver lining. "Yeah." Emerson admitted. "There was a dress in the hallway?" Remington whispered to himself. "Well.... maybe that was the intention." I smirked, replying to Emerson.

The boys laughed. Twelve balls of dough later, I set the spoons onto the empty foil pan, and made my way to the oven.

"Remington I swear to god."

"How can you tell?!" Remi whined in despair while Emerson laughed mockingly. "A wizard..." I closed the oven and turned to him, smirking. "Never reveals their secret."

"That's not how the saying goes Leanne." Remington snarked as I set the timer on my microwave for fifteen minutes. "I don't care. At least I'm making y'all cookies, be thankful." I sassed, smiling after as I prepared another tray. "I haven't even gotten any dough!"

"Mother of god Remington!" I snapped. He looked shocked, and Emerson watched us with high interest. I ripped open my silverware drawer, and grabbed two more spoons. I threw one at Emerson, who caught his happily. Remington was less fortunate. The spoon smacked him between the eyes, and he jerked back. I laughed at his face, giving up on making twenty four cookies and settling for fourteen instead.

"Cmon Guys." I jerked my head to the couch, sitting in the middle with the bowl resting in my lap. They followed me obediently, as I dig into the dough.

"Oh thank god." Remington sighed happily, crashing next to me. He got a heaping spoonful of dough and ate half of it, his eyes fluttering closed. "Sweet Jesus. Leanne, whoever you marry is going to be a VERY lucky man." I laughed and blushed, Emerson sitting on my other side. He arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him, and he dug his spoon into the dough as well. I looked over at him, and as he slid the spoon into his mouth, he winked at me.

I blushed, and looked back over and Remington's knowing smirk, a twinkle in his eyes. I'm sure my face looked like the essence of red. I looked down at the bowl of dough, searching for the answers to life in the chocolate chips. I smiled briefly, before sighing in content and digging my spoon into the bowl.

I leaned back, my head resting on Remington's shoulder as I laid my hand over Emerson's, which was still wrapped around my waist.

I actually really like this.