Chapter 5

(3rd Person)

Seeing as how it was a way to eliminate one more devil and at the same time test their skills before commencing with their mission, both Irina and Xenovia had no trouble accepting (Y/N)'s challenge. Currently the three were outside next to the ORC building where Rias and Akeno had used their magic to cast a n easy dome spell where none could see or hear anything that was going on inside the dome.

At first, Kiba insisted to (Y/N) that he take on the two alongside him to make it fair, that request was quickly shot down by (Y/N) who believed only he should be fighting them. That and he'd knew Kiba would eventually turn rouge against Rias should his obsession with excalibur grow stronger. (Y/N) stood across from the two church agents, both of them readying their weapons which were of course pieces of excalibur.

(Y/N): From what I can remember from my research, the one Xenovia holds is excalibur destruction, it's power able to basically destroy anything its destructive energy touches. The one in Irina's possession is excalibur mimic, able to copy any weapon its wielder desires... right now seems Irina favours the katana.

Kiba: And you call me obsessed...

(Y/N): There's a difference between knowing and being obsessed Kiba, if there's anything I'm obsessed with, it's my goal of eliminating every devil in existance.

Kiba: (Y/N)...

(Y/N): For the last time Kiba, no, you try to interfere in this fight and I'll kill you on the spot.

Xenovia: Are you prepared yet?

(Y/N): Good strategies take time to plan... but how would you know that? Relying on one weapon's going to be your downfall.

Irina: Are you saying we're too incompetent to think of fighting without using our excalibur pieces?

(Y/N): Wow... she said something smart for once.

Without another word, the two pulled their swords into combat stances signalling their readiness, (Y/N) simply clenched his fists tight enough to hear the joints crack. Evil energy was already flying off his knuckles, however he was smart enough to retract his wing back into his body before the fight began. (Y/N) quickly learned that they were fast as he saw both Xenovia and Irina literally fly off from the floor straight towards him.

But he instantly saw one weakness which was enough to make him duck under both strikes, form two holy swords in his hands and slice right into their backs where the two girls hissed in pain and attempted to swipe at (Y/N) while turning around, only for (Y/N) to easily block their strikes with his holy swords, he then quickly pushed them away and followed up his plan of attack by elbowing the both of them in their stomachs and delivering nasty slashes to their abdomens.

Both instantly jumped away while clutching at their wounds, but they quickly shook it off and nodded to each other before Irina launched herself forward first. (Y/N) leapt back while block Irina's strike and then attempted a strike with his other sword, only for Xenovia to suddenly appear and block it. Irina tried to take advantage of the opening her partner gave her, but (Y/N) was more than ready as he leapt off the floor to avoid the slice that would've taken his legs.

Irina looked up, only to eat a foot right in the face meanwhile Xenovia was tossed over (Y/N)'s shoulder and dangerously close to the devils spectating the entire battle, (Y/N) went after Xenovia, only to suddenly side-step from an attack Irina was about to strike him with. (Y/N) looked back, but once again quickly ducked under a strike from Xenovia, thinking fast, (Y/N) kicked Xenovia right in the stomach and sent her flying before grabbing Irina's weapon and much to her shock, ripped it out of her grasp.

As soon as (Y/N) touched the sword, the katana morphed into a bastard sword which he was able to wield easily with one hand before literally smacking Irina away. Before Irina could do anything else, she felt an unfamiliar feeling of pain going straight through her hand as (Y/N) stabbed the sword through her palm and into the ground to pin her there.