The Party

What you expected yourself to look like after the makeover and what you actually looked like were two completely different things.

You imagined that you would end up looking like someone in a cartoon after someone would squeal "makeover!"- lots of horribly done makeup, hair in some bad, frizzy style, and bright, over the top clothes.

But, surprisingly, you thought you looked... pretty. Turns out, Daniela and Carla were more experienced than you thought.

This is what you were wearing, and you actually liked it:

Now you were just hoping Usnavi would too.

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, you were nervously walking down the street to the hill where the party was being held. It had a really pretty view of the river, and was a perfect spot to launch and see fireworks.

The closer you got, the bigger the knot in your stomach grew. What if you were dressed too nice? What if you get there, and Usnavi is kissing Vanessa? What if Vanessa gets mad if you do anything romantic with Usnavi?

A million "what ifs" continued to run through your mind until Benny walks over to you.

"Wow, Y/N, you look really nice," he says as you open the gate to get to the hill.

"Thanks, Benny."

"Is it for a special someone?", he asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up," you say, hitting his arm, and he laughs. You both start walking up the slope.

"So, are you going to try and ask him out again?", Benny asks.

"Daniella and Carla said I should, but what about Vanessa? She's my friend, and she and Usnavi might be dating."

"Why don't you just ask her if she is?"

You slowly nod. "Okay. I will."

"Good. Now I am going to try and win Nina over."

"Go get her."

You both smile, then separate. You walk around, scanning for Vanessa, and finally see her by the food table, drinking punch.

You walk over to her nervously, not sure if she was holding any sort of grudge over you about the whole falling-on-top-of-Usnavi thing. But she just smiles when she sees you.

"Y/N! Glad that you could make it."

You smile back, relived. "Thanks. Me too." You gather up your courage. "Um, can I ask you a question?"

She raises an eyebrow. "Sure."

"Are you dating Usnavi?"

Vanessa pauses for a moment. "No. We went on a date, but I don't think that counts as dating."