Flawed and all

Note: So... this is the FINAL chapter, you all.

I hope you enjoyed the journey.

..

... Six months later ...

While carrying three grocery bags in one hand and her cell phone pressed to her ear with the other, Ana walked into her father's house.

After putting the groceries on the kitchen counter, she walked towards the living room. "Yes, I know sir... thank you, Chief." She said, and then ended the conversation with her boss.

"Hey, sweetie" she heard a familiar voice say.

Ana turned her head and saw her dad walking up to her. She smiled in response and said." Hey dad... how are you?"

"I'm doing very well, hon." He replied with a smile on his face, while pulling Ana in a tight embrace.

"I missed you a lot, dad..."

"Missed you too, sweetie..." he countered. " How long has it been? A week?"

"Yup, precisely one week." She pointed out, and pulled back from the hug.

Ray observed his daughter and asked." How are you? Are you thirsty? Hungry?"

Ana nodded." A glass of water, please... I'm not really hungry though." She replied and plumped down on the comfortable white couch.

While waiting for her father to return from the kitchen, Ana's eyes fluttered shut, her mind finally at ease.

"Man, I so need the rest." Were the words that tumbled from her pink lips, her eyes still closed.

Ana's mind automatically drifted off to that day, six months ago...

Which day?

Well, the day her whole life turned upside down... the day of the robbery... the day the love of her life had bravely confessed his love to her... the day Ana met the kindest woman named Ally and her baby girl Isabella.

That day was a bad one, but it was also a good one. In the end, Ana gained a lot from it. However, that same day she also lost someone close to her, one she cared about a lot... someone she respected and admired.

Even though six full months had passed, Ana still could remember every little detail of that particular day.

** FLASHBACK**

.

.

.

After Sawyer had found Ana all tied up, he and another colleague from SWAT swiftly freed Ana from her restraints.

"What are you doing here?" she had asked, and ran towards baby Isabella. Ana took the baby in her arms, while attempting to push back her tears." I mean how did you get inside the building, Luke? I thought those robbers had secured both exits?"

Ana was whispering, cause she didn't want to get caught.

It was then, when Sawyer explained to Ana that he did some digging. Sawyer was someone you can call a 'computer genius'. Since he was fourteen, he'd been fascinated with everything that has to do with computers and the internet.

So, now more than ten years later, he only needed to have a laptop and an internet connection, and voila he can find out everything about everyone.

This skillset of his came very handy in his line of work. Especially, if it involved digging for info on the internet about a suspect to solve murder cases. And in this case, Sawyer did some digging on his laptop two hours earlier... and boy, did he find out so much about the hostage takers.