Is this real?

Becca POV

I walked into the kitchen and sat down while Neil got some ice from the freezer. He grabbed a kitchen towel placing the ice inside then handed it to Kalie.

"It might sting but the ice will help with the swelling." Kalie said as she gently put the towel on my eye. The coldness causing me to jerk back but it started to feel good against my throbbing head.

"Where's Jesse? Is she ok? We both shouldn't have been here." I asked staring at Neil with one eye.   

Neil sat down across from me. "Why do you say that?"

Before I could answer Adam, Joe, and Phil walked in.

"Everyone finally left. Brad and Jesse are outside talking. Well if you considering yelling talking." Adam said standing next to Kalie. Kalie kept the ice on my eye. The pain throbbing but it was slowly dissolving. Neil was staring at me.

I forgot he was waiting for my answer. "Jesse has a drinking problem if you didn't know that already and I don't think your new girlfriend likes me. It would have been better if I never came."

Neil rubbed his face as if he was trying to make this night fade away. "Becca your always welcome here. Heather is the jealous type. She has her own issues and takes it out on others. She shouldn't have taken it out on you and Jesse. I'll talk to her about it tomorrow but I don't want you to feel like your not wanted."

I stared at him surprised. Especially with the way I've been treating him. "Thanks Neil. I didn't expect that especially since I've been rude to you lately. I guess I really don't know you. You seem one way to everyone else but you're different when you're not around a crowd."

I don't think Neil was expecting me to say that because he seemed lost for words. He got up and went to open the fridge. "Anyone want something to drink?" He grabbed a beer, opened it, and started drinking. Joe and Phil got a beer. Adam, Kalie, and I asked for water. Kalie removed the wet towel that was now warm.

"Hope it feels better but it's going to take time to heal." Kalie said as I kept my eye closed. It felt better closed. 

"I'm going to take Kalie home. It's getting late. Do you need a ride Becca?" Adam asked.

"I'll give her a ride. Does Jesse need a ride?" Neil offered. I stared at him again in disbelief. Neil was being very nice to me but his girlfriend did start the fight that gave me a black eye. 

"Yes. We both need a ride. My mom dropped us off. Adam, was Jesse hurt?" 

"She had a few scratches but nothing major. You got the worst of it. The way she was yelling at Brad I think she'll be ok." Adam said chuckling. Kaylie gave him a shove. "Sorry but it was funny. You should have seen Brad. He didn't know how to deal with her. I would have stayed to watch but I decided to come back inside." 

"Me and Phil are going to crash here." Joe said as him and Phil grabbed some snacks before leaving the kitchen.

"Let's go see if they're both still in one piece." Neil said as we followed him to find Brad and Jesse.

Brad Walst POV

She kept pacing back and forth. Like a caged tiger with pent-up energy that needed to be released.

She had the beauty of a tiger. Graceful but deadly. Beauty and strength. Until she could handle her temper there could never be a relationship between us. Whatever it was that ate at her would also consume me too. She needed to deal with her demons before I could ever try to attempt to get close to her but dammit it was getting harder every day.

"Jesse stop moving you're making me dizzy. Sit down and calm yourself down." She looks up at me with intense anger. Get yourself together Brad. Don't fall for her. She's trouble. Instead of helping her you'll go down with her.

She stopped to move toward me. Like a tiger stalking its prey. Shit she's turning me on. Stop with your insane fantasies and focus.

She stops right in front of me. My heart started to race with anticipation. She moved in closer, inches away from my face. All I had to do was grab her and my mouth would be on hers. She stroke my hair away from my face as she leaned in closer. Temptation whispered into my ear.

"Fuck off Brad!" She yelled into my ear. I winced at the high pitched sound.

"Damn Jesse. Was that necessary? I need my ears to hear."

"Why? You're not even listening to me."

"It's hard to listen when the other person is yelling. Calm down first then talk." She sat down on the grass then layed completely flat on the ground.

"I wish I could just die then all my problems would die with me." She said as I shook my head in frustration.

"You think you have it bad? Neil's father died when he was five. Adam's parents are divorced. You're not the only one with problems." She put her arm over her eyes as if trying to block everything out. I couldn't help but smile. She could be cute when she wasn't trying to be tough. I knew it was how she dealt with all her family problems but she didn't realize she was pushing people away that cared about her.

She finally got up and seemed depleted. "You're right for once. I'll try to deal with everything without letting it take me down. Thanks Brad. You're cute when you yell at me and tell what to do." If she only knew how I really felt but I don't think she's ready to know.