Prolouge

A tortoiseshell she-cat peered deeply into a starfilled pool. Her amber eyes still fixed on the pool, blinked as a broad-faced, grey she-cat padded up to the pool and sat down beside the other she-cat. As her amber eyes fixed on the pool, a small breeze passed by and made ripples on the pool. The grey she-cat gasped as a pair of eyes appeared in the reflection of the cat. Amber and ice blue eyes stared blankly up at the sky. The tortoiseshell cat turned toward to the cat next to her, her amber gaze questioning.

"What is it Yellowfang?" she meowed.

Yellowfang's grey tail twitched,"I have received a prophecy, Spottedleaf," she said quietly.

"What!" Spottedleaf exclaimed,"We haven't had a prophecy since the Three."

Yellowfang sighed,"Spottedleaf, that was a long time ago-"

"Yes, I know it was a long time ago, I was just surprised that's all," the tortoiseshell she-cat continued,"What is the prophecy Yellowfang?"

Yellowfang took a deep breath and said,"There is darkness ahead, only the different one can save the Clans."

Spottedleaf looked at Yellowfang puzzled, then looked at the pool,"Different one?" she murmured,"What does that mean?"

The grey she-cat looked up,"Spottedleaf, you know as much as I do. We don't know everything, we'll learn about the prophecy a little bit at a time."

After Yellowfang was done talking, the grey she-cat got up and lumbered into the bushes. Spottedleaf remained by the pool and she gazed up at the stars.

"What are we going to do?" she murmured.

The tortoiseshell she-cat got up and left the pool. The bushes quivered where the cat had disappeared, leaving the clearing empty.