Prologue

It has been Seven years, seven treacherous years since I could tell my parents, "I love you". When I was Nine, my parents were a part of a car crash which ultimately killed them. My parents were the most wonderful people I knew, they both had Auburn coloured hair; My mother, had a smile that could light up a room;My father, eyes that shone as bright as my mother's smile. They were both around 5'6 if I remember correctly, it must be where I get my shortness.

They were truly wonderful people

According to all of the village folk in our hamlet that knew my parents, they were the life of the village and brought joy to everyone that was living there, my mother would even bake bread for everyone at least once a week.

When I heard the news of their death, I started bawling my eyes out and our neighbours helped in anyway they could. The bearer of bad news told me that the way that they died was in a ' tragic car crash, that killed both of them instantaneously' til this day, I do not believe that simple story, It was just too fishy to me. When the people in the village tried to console me they told me stories about my mother and father and one of them, called Dillion exclaimed:

"I'm sincerely sorry for your loss, I am as surprised as you because they were the most careful drivers out there. They drove us all crazy when they drove at Forty mph down the road when it was sixty."

I was in a state of shock and sadness for such a long time and during that time I got dragged to a stinking orphanage because not one of those people could look after me, not even one. I hated it there, the workers didn't care for us at all and the other children were all shy so I only had one true friend among the thirty-seven that lived there. Then as if my luck had turned around a couple came and adopted me because they thought i was adorable and loved my scattered freckles.

They were so nice and never had a sad day for as long as I knew them. I felt as if they were my actual family and that the tragedy never happened. I stayed with them for four years then when we were driving to a surprise location for my fifteenth birthday on the fifth of October, the day my real parents died, a man fell from the looming cliff right in front of our car. From what I had saw of him from the backseat of the car as he was falling, he looked quite young, maybe around twenty to twenty-three years old.

My parents being so nice went out to try and help him and to see if he was alive or to call an ambulance. They were on they hands and knees feeling his pulse and my mother was calling the ambulance. Then he jumped up as if he had just fell a few metres and I will never forget the look on his face.

He smirked which most people would make most people confused of why he did but what he did next will tell you why.

He stared my father in his eyes and said something i couldn't hear and my father and my mother got into the car. I thought they were going to drive off and leave this man to himself and I was about to say something when the guy outside the car started laughing, hysterically.

I was so confused, sitting in the back seat then it hit me, literally. I smelt smoke and looked around. I stared at my parents in disbelief, they were on fire and just sitting there like nothing was happening. I started screaming at them that they were on fire but it was like talking to statues. They didn't listen and then the rest of the car caught on fire. I wasn't going to burn alive so I jumped out of the car.

I was planning to drag them out of the car as soon as i got out but my father's so-called statue of a body reached to his door handle and clicked the button to lock all the doors from the outside. There was nothing I could do, I was sitting on the ground in disbelief as my loving parents turned into lifeless corpses.

While this was all happening the man was still laughing. I looked over at him and he stared at me and said

"Heh, well I guess third times the charm my sweet, innocent Kayla."

He gave me a smile and then I stared at his teeth in disbelief. This man is...is A VAMPIRE!

He started walking towards me, showing his fangs more and more and as he was nearly a metre from me he stated

"or you could come with me and I'll stop having to kill innocent people to get to you."

He started laughing even harder, tears coming from his eyes. This man was a killer and a psycopath and I wasn't going to die by his hands or...fangs.

I started scooting away from him and he said

"Well, guess killing more innocents is what you choose, ciao."

He disappeared and left me there crying my eyes out. 

One of the reasons was I would have to go back to the orphanage but the main reason was that I knew that he was the one that killed my real parents and my parents that had died this day. I know it was him because he talked about killing innocents to get to me.

I was mentally scarred, lying on the ground, waiting for someone to come and tell me this was all a dream. That didn't happen.  The ambulance that my mother called finally came and they saw the whole scene. The flaming car, my parents black ,ashy dead bodies and finally me, lying in a heap on the ground, crying.

The driver of the ambulance came over to me and tried to comfort me and tell me that everything was okay and that they would find out what happened.

At this point I didn't have enough strength to tell them that it was a vampire that killed them because they would think that I was crazy and send me to a mental hospital but I'M NOT CRAZY IT WAS A VAMPIRE WITH HIS MIND TRICKS THAT KILLED BOTH MY FAMILIES AND HE IS OUT FOR ME but I have no clue why.

Now I'm back in this damn orphanage with no clue what will happen next or if anything will. Its now present and I still have to tell everyone my side of what happened and also be enroled back into a school who will think I'm crazy if they hear my side of the story. Guess I've got my plate full at least I'll get to see my best friend Aubrey again.