Chapter 1 The woods

**Ella's POV**

My brother's and sister's walk in the woods right near our house a lot. Our parents are very abusive and we try to get away from them as much as possible. The wood is well.... AMAZING. There is so much scenery. The woods is like our second home. Emily, Jason,Nico, and I are adventurous. You know how I said the woods is close well it is close for us. We discovered the woods while trying to get away from our house for little bit. The woods is a mile away.

I try my best to not start fights with my so called parents. I think of Jason and Emily as my parents. Jason is 15 and Emily is 14. I am 12 and Nico 11. Jason and Emily made us beds in the the woods and found us a little bit of food. Nico tries to find fire wood while I not being to outdoorsy but still creativity make us teepees. Every night I write in my diary. Seriously if anyone read my diary I would die of embarrassment. Not as much from my secrets but from the embarrassing things I do and write every detail of it in that book.

"Hey can u and Nico get some firewood" Emily shouted at us from across the path.

"When are we going back home" Nico shouted back.

She dosen't answer back which is strange.

"Why can't we put bug spray on when we come here" Nico said like he always does. Nico is the one of us that hates the bugs in the woods. The bugs really don't bother me. Nico is not outdoorsy at all but he is very good at sports. We all have something special about us. Nico has baseball, Jason has basketball, Emily has running, and I have the creativity and writing skills. "Is it weird that I actually really want to go to school"

"We all know Jason Emily and you want to go to school for the sports" I explained for the one millionth.

I want to go to school for the advanced writing classes, I could learn so much about writing.

We snuck back into the house to find that our parents weren't home. This was our chance to make a run for it.