Project Revival [LOG 1]

<Author's Comments> This is not about me (my name's not Emily, first of all). It's just a random idea bouncing around in my head that I'm not going to spoil or even give hints to. You just have to get into it. All I will tell you is that she's writing this on a laptop, but later in the story it might switch to parchment for reasons UNKNOWN TO YOU. Also, this is a story on earth, and in current times. Enjoy! -^^-

[LOG 1]

Hey, it's Emily. I have recently decided to write my daily thoughts in a diary-type thing, just to let my feelings out. I don't really know where to start, so I guess some basic info would be good. First of all, my name is Emily Shouta. I'm twenty-seven and have a wonderful boyfriend Joshua whose house I'm moving into next week. I still have to pack my bags.

I work at a small science facility in the Massachusetts Bay that conducts unique experiments that have to do with making the world "greener." We are currently working on making a substance that creates dioxygen from ozone, changing the world's troubling fossil fuels into fresh air. We're still working on how to make the substance controllable, though. It's actually quite simple: we have recently discovered a chemical that dissolves oxygen atoms. The only problem is that if it dissolves ALL of the atoms in a particle, there is nothing left. We are trying to make it dissolve one atom per particle, creating O2. I'm excited to see how it turns out, even if I am just one level up from a janitor. I could never quit, though. The island might be about twenty meters across, but the whole facility is underground, spanning out for about fifty yards both ways. I also get to take the same little boat as my coworkers do every day, even if it is at five AM.

As I type this, I'm at my apartment in Boston, sitting at my desk. It's almost eleven, so I suppose I should get some rest soo--

Okay, a loud bang just occurred right outside my window. I'm gonna check it out.

I just looked out my window, but nothing was there. Anyways, I should get some rest. Oh! I just received an email that says they have figured out how to control the prototype. I just hope that the same success continues onto the real thing.

And as a PS note, I am trying to be as real with this journal as possible. If something strange happens, like the bang near the window, I'm gonna try to come back to the computer and type as if I had it with me at the time. I'm not going to use the back-space button unless it's a typo.

And so ends my first log. Goodnight.

--

Okay, maybe not. I just heard another loud bang, this one a few feet away from the first. Since it's technically still the same day, this is all being written in one log.

Another bang just occurred. I do hope it's just Mr. Longbottom trying to kill a roach with a broom. For now, I'll just try to go to sleep and ignore it.