two » meeting the group

"Don't fucking touch me," I growled, sidestepping away from the hand that threatened to grab my hair. Corinna looked less than shocked, but Todd and Scott, on the other hand, looked appalled. I didn't really care what they thought; all I knew is that I wasn't going to let that asshole touch me.

"Baby," he playfully whined, smirking as I turned my nose up. "We haven't seen each other in three years, and this is how you're going to treat me?"

"You're right. It should've been longer," I sarcastically smiled at him. "Much, much longer."

"Don't be like that," he jokingly frowned. I rolled my eyes at his bottom lip jutted out. He really was trying to appear innocent to everyone around him.

That's probably what I hated most about David. He hurt me countless numbers of times and yet everyone still believed he was the good guy and I was the bitch with the attitude problem.

"Fuck you," was my simple reply, which seemed to shut him up for a second. Corinna looked annoyed and mouthed something I couldn't read to Todd, who didn't respond once he saw my eyes on him. She sat at the table across from the boys and I followed suit. David said something about editing, which I didn't pay attention to, and then left us alone.

"So... you and David?"

"What about us?" I asked defensively, crossing my arms over my chest. Scott laughed, taking another bite of his bowl from Chipotle.

"Nothing, nothing. Just why do you hate him so much?"

"He's an asshole," I shrugged, biting my lip to keep from saying too much. There were so many things wrong with David that Corinna could never know. Although I didn't trust him, they had been friends since they were tiny and I didn't want to ruin that. "I just can't stand him. He is so unbelievably annoying and rude and cocky and—"

"You forgot handsome in there!" David yelled from the other room, making the group laugh. "I know it was an honest mistake, but you totally forgot handsome in there!"

I flicked off the wall in the direction the sound came from.

"They get it, Tillie," Corinna interrupted, effectively silencing me. I didn't want to say too much, but there I was, spilling my guts out. "He just teased her a lot growing up and she was a little dramatic about it."

If only she knew. If it had stopped at the middle school nicknames, I wouldn't have given a shit. But David went much farther than I originally thought he would. He didn't deserve my forgiveness.

"Haven't you ever heard that a boy who teases you likes you?" Todd asked and I burst out laughing at that one. Though my mom had said that to me many times over the course of the years, I knew for sure that wasn't the case. David Dobrik didn't have a crush on me; he was just an asshole.

"She's heard that several times. She doesn't believe it," Corinna wrapped her arm around the top of my chair in a protective manner. Even if she was constantly annoyed by my hatred of David Dobrik, she definitely didn't want anyone making fun of me for it. "Let's drop it and talk about something that doesn't raise my blood pressure."

"Jesus Christ, are you eighty?" I giggled, bracing myself for the slap on the arm that I knew was coming. "Rin, I will beat your ass."

"Yeah, I don't doubt that," she flinched away when I moved to hit her back. "Anyways, Tilda, these are the people you're going to be seeing a lot of over the next ten weeks so maybe you should make a better impression."

"Oh, you're right," I stopped swatting at her and sat back in my chair. I smiled at the two boys who looked more than amused at my little outburst. "Sorry guys. I don't want you to think I'm a crazy bitch on the first day meeting me."

"But on the second day?" Todd joked, implying that they already thought I was a crazy bitch. I just chuckled, shrugged, and told them I didn't give a fuck what they thought.

"I like her," Scott told Corinna. "She's funny."

Scott's girlfriend came in a few minutes later, dressed in a yellow shirt that said "Sundays" on it. It was Tuesday, so I was a little thrown off, but she seemed nice enough. She sat with us and we talked for a while about lots of things, including fun things to do in LA (go to parties) and Corinna's relationship with Todd. I liked everyone I met that day, even Jason who I only spoke a few words to.

We ended up getting invited to a small hangout at "the apartment", which Corinna explained was Dom and Alex's. Though I'd never met Alex, Corinna had a major crush on him when they first started hanging out. My sister didn't have bad taste, so I had to imagine he was a good guy.

I could honestly say I was terrified. I did a lot of stuff back in Chicago that I wasn't supposed to, but our parents were pretty adamant that I wasn't to go to any kind of parties, since I was underaged. If Corinna went, I was supposed to stay home. First night and I was already breaking the rules.

Though I had broken the rules plenty of times in Chicago, like when I worked at Hooter's and lied that I was working at Panera, it felt different halfway across the country. It felt better.

Corinna let me borrow a blue off the shoulder top and some shorts she kept in Toddy's room to make myself look a little more presentable. She was a lot smaller than me and I was quite literally busting out of her tiny shorts, but it would have to do. I already knew I was going to be recorded by someone, so I didn't want to be wearing a stained sweatshirt and no makeup. I pulled my hair out of the ponytail and shook it out until it looked purposely messy. My makeup looked decent enough, so I left it as is.

Jason introduced me to his girlfriend Trisha, who said I looked like a cocksucker. Thanks, Trisha. I was actually excited to meet her, considering I was a huge fan of Shane Dawson. We talked for twenty minutes about the transformation videos they did together, and more about how sweet he and Ryland were.

"No, I love them; they're so cute," she said the second I brought up the Youtube power couple. "And Garrett. I love Garrett."

"I love Garrett!" I squealed back, grabbing the arm of the couch I was sitting on to calm myself down. "He's just so sweet. I love him so much."

"Have you seen the date video with Andrew and Megan?"

"Yes, that was so cute. I think she ghosted him after that, which kind of sucks. Do you know?"

"I don't, actually. I could ask—"

"Hey, Matt, it's time to go," Corinna called from the doorway. I sighed, hugged Trisha goodbye, and followed her and Toddy out to the driveway. I thought we'd stop at her car, but we kept going. I thought we'd stop at Toddy's car, covered in David's face, but we kept going. They kept walking until we were right in front of a fancy white Tesla. The person sitting in the front seat, smiling like a little kid? None other than David fucking Dobrik.

i like this. i like it a lot. i hope u do too! please vote and comment and follow if u did. im going to take a nap peace xoxo abby