2 ~ Puzzle Pieces

Start from the beginning

It was not his business to listen, so instead he concentrated to the quiet noises around him.

An art room was usually buzzing with noise and excitement, yet in the after school, most kids liked to run home, go to the park, eat. They'd run across mountains, far from the place they called school. Some kids liked to stay. A few clubs played on after school, or to go to just sit in the library.

The art rooms had necessary resources to thought who liked to pursue it further. Whether in music, paint, fashion, sketch, or anything with a creative nature.

Nathaniel liked the soft sounds of the art rooms. Not the sounds of lunch when kids stole away to the place, opening there art journals so they have an excuse to stay.

No, he liked the soft brush of the pencil, the sound of the spray paint hitting the canvas, or even the little rattle it sounded. He like the squelch of paint into the tray, or the soft whisper of the needle puncturing the material.

Nathaniel loved everything with the art rooms, the sights, the smell, the feel, even the toxic taste of the air was beautiful. But he lived for the smell. It was his home.

"I wish I knew someone into writing. I'd be able to do so much more work with them." He thought allowed.

Alix, who was over by her own canvas spray painting, yelled over, "Don't worry buddy, there's gotta be someone out there just waiting to meet you. Red please!"

Nathaniel read into what she said as he grabbed the spray can and threw it in her direction.

Suddenly Marinette turned from the teacher. "Marc! Come in!"

She ran over to him, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him into the crazy room. "Come meet everyone!"

Marinette pulls him up to the teacher. "This is Marc, who I was just talking about. The one that's always writing!"

Nathaniel looked over curiously as Marc started to shove his book into his hoodie.

"Uh-I'm Sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you-" he started. Nathaniel surveyed his shyness. He was much like Marinette and himself. Yet Nathaniel had come out of his shell since then (except around Chloe), and he noticed this so-called Marc had not.

"Welcome to room 33 you're never disturbing anyone here."

Nathaniel smiled, noticing Marinette did the same.

"You can come here anytime you want, outside of class time or after school. Anyone can create what they want, whatever way they want."

Nathaniel noticed Marc staring around the room at the colourful materials and artworks. People's personalities came out here. It was a place to express yourself without any judgement. Sometimes the craziest things were the best art.

The art teacher walked over to a blond haired girl, listening to music with a pen and notepad in her hand. "Rose is writing lyrics for a rock band." He lifted a headphone on the short haired girl. "Rose, I'd like you to say hi!"

"Hey there! Nice to meet you Marc!" She said rather loudly, pumping a fist in the air.

He then pointed to Alix, towards the front of the room, infront of a large canvas. "Alix is our expert in street art." As he said that she threw a can of spray paint in the air and caught it smoothly.

"And Nathaniel," he slightly sat up upon hearing his name.

"- he likes to draw girls in skinny suits." Alix cut in, giggling off Nathaniel's glare as he threw one of his many scrunched papers at the short girls face.