"I did. I finally caught up with all of my shows." Her mom finished the dishes and turned around to look at Brittany. "How's the back?"

"It's a lot better." Her mom walked behind her and took her brace off. Gently, she rubbed Brittany's spine up and down looking for anything abnormal. "The bruising went down, it's a 4 now."

"Good. You know that you're lucky. You're back should have been way worse than what it was. But I'm thankful it wasn't."

"I know mom. Santana doesn't fail to remind me every single day."

Santana was one of the most caring human beings she had met other than her family. She wasn't sure if it was the aloha spirit that majority of locals had but she sure didn't find anyone like her in the mainland.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap before I start to get ready for work. Oh and hey honey, I couldn't get tomorrow night off. Are you going to be alright riding your bike? I'd take it to work but you know I can't ride that thing for the life of me."

Brittany laughed. She had tried to teach her mom how to ride her bike but she couldn't get farther than ten feet without losing balance. "I can get someone to take you if anything."

"No mom it's alright I can ride. If I don't feel comfortable I'm sure that Santana will come and pick me up. She jumps at every chance now days." Brittany's mom kissed her on the forehead and walked towards the stairs.

"I know she would. I'll see you after my nap baby." And she proceeded to walk up to her room. She stopped right before getting to the top of the stairs. "I'm glad that you found someone that makes you smile, baby. I haven't seen you like this since Melissa."

Brittany took her time to finish her homework and made herself some spaghetti for dinner. Her mom left for work at around 8:30 and her dad was away on a business trip in the mainland. So she was home alone. Brittany didn't really like staying home alone.

Knock knock knock.

She jumped at the sound. Cautiously, she walked over to the front door. It was probably Santana but she didn't want to take any chances. Slowly, she looked throught the peep hole and saw her girlfriend standing there with a huge smile on her face. She opened the door and Santana walked in, with Rachel following right behind her.

"How was your fitting?" Santana put her backpack down on the counter and sat in the recliner that was in the living room. "Come on I wanna see a picture or something."

"No babe you going have to wait till tomorrow like everyone else. Not even Rach seen um yet." She looked over at Rachel who was nodding in agreement.

"You know how long I been hearing about this damn dress. It's so nice. It's perfect Rach. I can't wait to show you." Rachel was using her hands to convey her emotions. Which was irritated. But they both knew that she was only playing around. "And then this. I can't even fucking see it. Scrub."

"Don't be salty, Rach." And Santana started laughing. "Babe I'm gonna go take a shower okay?" She got up from her seat and walked over to Brittany who was standing near the stairs. "I won't be long. How's your back doing?"

"It's alright." Santana wrapped her arms around Brittany's body to feel her back. "It's a 4."

"I'll massage you later." And with a kiss on the cheek, Santana walked passed Brittany and up the stairs to the bathroom.

Brittany turned around and went to sit next to Rachel on the couch. She could hear Santana singing in the shower.

When she woke up late in the morning light
And the day had just begun
She opened up her eyes and thought
Oh what a morning
It's not a day for work
It's a day for catching tan
Just laying on the beach and having fun