The girls huddled for one last time.

"Alright. When I get the ball everyone just take off and I'll find one of you that's open. If we don't finish this now, we'll have to go into overtime and I'm not taking you guys home if you miss the bus. So. Just catch the ball."

They lined up and snapped the ball. Brittany took off downfield and looked back to see that no one was behind her.

"San!" She made eye contact with her and threw the ball. Brittany ran for it, knowing that she definitely had it. The ball landed in her arms. She tucked it onto her side and ran for the end zone. The seniors that were watching were going crazy. Brittany could feel everyone's eyes on her. She was running as fast as she could. All of a sudden she felt someone come up behind her and she was on the ground. A shooting pain went up her back and she knew that she tweaked it. The sophomore girl got up off of her, with Brittany's flag in her hand and walked back to her team. They were all cheering, thinking that they stopped Brittany from scoring but because she basically tackled her it didn't count and the seniors scored the point anyway.

Brittany was still on the ground, trying to work up enough strength to power through her pain. She didn't want Santana knowing that it hurt because she would've got a whole bunch of shit for it. Kalei got over to her first and tried to help her up.

"Here Sooner, take my hand." She grabbed onto Kalei's hand with hers and tried to get up but the pain shot up her back once more. Her hand automatically gripped Kalei's harder. "Whoa. Hey are you okay?"

Santana came running over after realizing Brittany was still on the ground struggling to get up.

"1-10."

"4. Maybe 5." But when in reality it was really a 8. And it was a huge 8. "I'll be fine, I swear."

Santana told Kalei that she got Brittany, and then lowered herself onto the ground so that she could help Brittany without hurting her back more.

"I told you about playing. These girls are fuckin' dirty and don't care who they hurt. All they want is to win."

"I'm going to be fine, babe. I'm glad I got to play. We won didn't we?"

Santana's face was a mix of happiness and worry. She knew Brittany was hurting.

"Do you have your medicine with you?"

"No I don't have it." They were walking into the armory now to grab their bags. Brittany was still clinging onto Santana and using her as her crutch. She knew to convince her that she was okay she'd have to walk on her own. "Hey I'm gonna go use the bathroom okay? Just grab our stuff I'll meet you out at your truck." She was super lucky she didn't take her bike today. She wouldn't be able to get home.

"You need me to come with you?" Brittany turned to her and kissed her.

"I'll be fine okay." And with every ounce of energy she had inside of her she let go of Santana and started to walk towards the bathroom. She fully expected to fall but she kept her balance.

The bathroom was deserted, only the sound of a water drip could be heard. Brittany leaned over the sink, holding in her cries. That sophomore girl got her good, and now she was in a lot of pain. Her breaths were shallow and short in result of her trying to tolerate the unbearable pain that now consumed her mid back. After washing her face a couple times, she realized that she now had to walk all the way to the truck.

Alright, I can do this. She kept telling herself that as she walked out of the bathroom. Santana was waiting by the doors of the armory, talking to Puck and Sam.

"Hey Britt are you alright? That girl got you pretty good during that last play."

"I'm fine. Just a little sore that's all. San are you ready?"