Chapter 17

The room fell quiet and you could tell everyone was extremely confused. Even I was a little pissed about Dally's behavior.

"God dammit Dally.." I breathed out and ran out the front door.

The cold air smacked me in the face and I was thankful for my sweater. I looked around for Dallas but I could barely see much in the dark. I started to run straight in hopes to find him when I saw someone sitting on the ground on the other side of the street. I slowed down till I was standing right in front of him. I sat next to him and let out a loud sigh. Pulling my sweater closer to me I looked over at him.

His face was buried in his knees and his breathing was slow but heavy.

"Dally... What's the matter?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

"Dallas.. please, just talk to me." I begged.

"God dammit, Elizabeth! What the fuck do you want me to say?" His outburst made me jump a little.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just can't take it sometimes." he apologized and finally looked me in the eye. His eyes were bloodshot and glassy.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

He stood from his spot on the ground and let out a bitter laugh. I sat there starring at him as he paced back and forth in front of me. He ran a shaking hand through his hair and looked at me again.

"What do I mean? Do you not see it? Liz, I.. I.." he explained exasperated.

"I don't know how to say this, I don't know how to even deal with my feelings myself. But, seeing you and Pony, together... I just can't take it." I could've sworn I saw a tear run down his face.

I didn't say anything, but I knew what he was trying to say.

"Dally I-" I began but before I could finish he stumbled off into the darkness and bolted before I could even stand up.

Well it's finally Christmas morning. I was sitting on the couch next to Ponyboy, watching all the boys play around like little kids and their new toys. All the boys loved their presents, but I wasn't able to give dally his because he hasn't shown up at all. I could sense that Pony was a little uncomfortable about my running out last night. He didn't say anything about it, but I could see the unsure look in his eyes when I came in last night.

"Hey, uh, I got you somethin'" Pony whispered in my ear.

He pulled out a small box and placed it into my hands.

I opened up the square white box, inside there was a dainty, gold heart necklace.

I looked up at Ponyboy in surprise.

"Do you like it?" he asked me nervously.

"Like it? I love it!" I smiled.

He took the necklace out of the box and place it around my neck. It really was beautiful.

"Thank you." I whispered and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey, Johnny, Liz. we got the letter!" Darry informed us walking into the living room.

"Well open it already!" Two-Bit playfully demanded.

"To whom this May concern,

The federal state law of Oklahoma have come to the conclusion that Elizabeth Barbra Cade and Jonathan Edward Cade now acquire the influence of guardian Darrell Curtis.. "

Darry finished reading and looked up at us with a huge smile on his face.

I was so happy I turned to Ponyboy, who also had the biggest smile on his face.

Looks like this really will be a good Christmas.

I was totally not ready to go back to school. I'm not sure why I didn't want to go, I just wasn't ready. But here I am walking down the main hallway, next to Ponyboy. Christmas break didn't last long enough, I wish I was still home, well my new home, but I wish that I was still there. Wrapped in blankets, subtly cuddling with Pony, but no, I have to be stuck in this hell hole.

Dally is still no where to be found, and that's really worrying me, especially his confession. The fact that Dallas Winston has feelings for me.

My thoughts of Dally were put on hold when I saw him. Alex, he was leaning against a locker, trying to sweet talk some girls I suppose. Pony saw him too, his grip on my hand tightened and he pulled me closer to him. I would suggest that we turn a corner or something but to my luck, there aren't any corners to turn.

Ponyboy and I just kept walking. I held into Ponyboy's hand tightly with my head held high and tried to not acknowledge his presence whatsoever. I could feel his intense stare on us already. I looked at him, he had this arrogant grin on his face that gave me chills.

Don't look at me. Please don't look at me. Don't look at me , please.

"Hey, Lizzy! I've certainly missed you." I hear Alex say.

Ponyboy and I just kept walking, ignoring him.

When I walked in to first period, everyone starred at me as I walked to my seat and sat next to my partner, Mary. I could still feel everyone's intense stare while I was pulling out my notebook and such.

"Why am I being starred at?" I whispered to Mary.

She didn't answer. She only looked at me like I was crazy and scooted her chair away from me.

First period was very silent and everyone treated me as if I had the plague. Even strangers in the hall way looked at me as if I was a bug that needed to be squashed quickly.

When I walked into sixth period later that day, I saw my partner Lenny and started to talk to him about a project we have to do. He was explaining to me about how the zombies would someday erupt out of volcanoes and body parts would fly every where or some shit like that and it sounded pretty gross. It doesn't sound like a successful project topic.

"I don't know Lenny, that idea puts a bad taste in my mouth..." I explained.

"I bet just like last time." I heard Cathy Harris giggle from behind me with her bitchy friends.

"Excuse me?" I asked surprised, turning around and crossing my arms.

"Oh, you know, that last time Alex and his friends uhh.." she explained with a smirk.

"That's enough Cathy." I heard Eddie say to the bitch gang.

They just giggled and turned around after eyeing me up and down.

"Eddie, what the fuck are they talking about?" I asked angrily.

He nodded towards the open classroom door for me to step outside.

"Okay.. well there's a little rumor going around that before Christmas break Alex and a few of his friends were taking turns in your mouth.."

"What? oh my god, that's disgusting!" I screeched with my face scrunched in disgust.

"Yeah, I didn't believe it but Alex was really descriptive..." Eddie said.

"That son of a bitch. How many people did he tell?" I asked, hoping the answer would be slim.

"Pretty much everyone that would listen to his bullshit."

So everyone in the school that wasn't pony or myself, great.

My fist were balled, my jaw was slightly clenched and I could feel my cheeks begin to redden with heat.

"I swear to god the next time I see that lying sack of shit I'm gonna-" I was cut off by the bell ringing.

I went over to my desk, grabbed my bag and marched out the classroom in search of the devil himself.

LOOK IT'S AN ACTUAL CHAPTER UPDATE!!!!¡¡!!!

I love you guys and thank you so much for waiting and being patient with me I appreciate that so so so sooooo much

Pls vote comment etc etc

Ily and stay gold