After I had reported him and come here, I would tell him the whole truth. If he knew now, he wouldn't leave me alone and if he was there when I packed up and bumped into Desmond then it would escalate. Plus, I just wanted to revel in this exquisite moment without spoiling it.

"I should go," I said, knowing that Desmond would be home today. I wanted to pack up and leave before he came back. "But um— I'll be back. If that's alright?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way," he leaned up on an elbow and kissed my forehead before he flicked the comforter back.

He stood up, naked and beautiful while the sun shone on his bare skin. I sat up, clutching the sheet to my chest as I watched him stretch. Each movement flexed his muscles, his skin was supple and smooth. He was breathtaking.

I glanced around the room and noticed my clothes scattered near the door. If I was going to go to the police station before I left, I didn't want to go with sex between my legs. "Do you mind if I have a shower before I leave," I asked, scooting over to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Of course," he pointed to the door at the far corner. "The ensuite is in there. There's towels. The pressure in the main bathroom is better. You can use whichever one."

"I think that I'll stick to the ensuite," I said, not wanting to walk through the apartment wrapped in a sheet. His sister thought that I was a tramp as it was.

He smiled and nodded. Still standing there in the nude. Confident as hell. It was. . . alright, it was turning me on. For sure. "Would you— do you wanna save showe— water. Do you wanna join me and save water."

I felt like a fumbling idiot. I couldn't even get the damn words out. What happened to the girl that I was last night when I was screaming his name and letting the moonlight illuminate my naked body without a care in the world.

She must be in hiding, satisfied with her orgasm. Thirsty girl.

Aiden chuckled and held out his hand for me. I took it and he pulled me up. He gathered the extra length of sheet that was bunched around my feet and held it as he gestured for the bathroom door. "There's no way that I'd say no to that. You're adorable."

We showered and it was. . . incredible. Of course, by the time that we were out, dried and dressed, I had spent an hour. Aiden slipped on a pair of sweats but no shirt, letting me know that he was headed down to the gym soon. I dressed in last nights work attire. It was clean enough. I could change when I got home.

We walked through the apartment and into the kitchen where Zoerina was stirring a coffee. She glanced up and then did a double take as she swept me over with an accusatory glare. "Interesting. Tell me again how it's just friends."

"Drop it Zee," Aiden ordered with a firm voice. He gave his sister a harsh glare. "You don't know a thing about the situation so don't fucking start."

The two of them stared at each other for a minute. It was another one of those sibling moments I assumed. But I felt awkward. She gave up after a moment, rolling her eyes as she turned to drop her spoon into the sink. When her hand reached out, she knocked the handle of a jug sitting on the edge of the countertop and it landed on the tiles, shattering with a loud noise that pierced the quiet in the kitchen.

I flinched and felt that familiar panic well up. My heart raced. Despite the fact that I knew it was nothing to be worried about, I still felt that erratic fluttering in my chest. I swallowed and shook it off, reminding myself that there was no danger here. It was involuntary and frustrating, but it happened. When I glanced up from the floor, I saw Zoerina watching me with furrowed brows.