Chapter 49 - Shadows

Start from the beginning

 I pressed my lips together, not daring to look anyone in the eye while I mentally prepared myself for this. I'm the one with the strongest emotional connection to Stiles. I'm his emotional tether. But, I'm afraid that with also being connected to the Nogitsune in some way, this could easily backfire.

 Still, I sat down on the couch next to Stiles. I placed my hands in my lap and tried not to think too much into what was happening. I can't question. I just have to have faith. Besides, the numbness is starting to go down, which means we're running out of time before the kanima venom wears off.

 Scott stood with Peter behind us. I could see Peter placing Scott's claws to the back of Stiles' neck from the corner of my eye. I'm familiar with this method being used to draw out memories, but never to enter directly into the subconscious mind.

 "So, what do we do if we find him?" Scott asked. 

 "You're gonna have to guide him out somehow," said Peter. I could feel the tips of Scott's claws graze the back of my own neck. "Try to give him back control of his mind, of his body,"

 "Could you elaborate on somehow?" I asked, a hint of annoyance in my voice. "It's not being very specific at the moment,"

 "Improvise," said Peter. 

 Stiles is the one who's done this before, when he saved me from my own darkness. I still don't quite know how he did it, I wasn't myself then. He used my necklace, and that's about all I really remember. 

 "What if this is just another trick?" Scott asked.

 "When are you people gonna start trusting me?" Peter retorted. I craned my neck around to look at him with a cocked eyebrow.

 "I meant him," said Scott, turning his chin towards Stiles.

 "Oh," said Peter.

 "Scott," started Deaton. "We're running out of time,"

 I could hear Scott's heart pounding in his chest behind me. He must be just as nervous as I am to do this. We don't even know for sure that it will work, and if it doesn't then I don't know what else we're supposed to do.

 There wasn't much warning before I felt Scott's claws dig into my skin. I threw my head back, everything around me beginning to fade in and out. My brain felt like it was expanding in my head. Then, everything fell into blackness.

 ✞ 

 My eyes shot open and quickly darted around to take in my surroundings. The walls were covered in a cream-colored tile and even though I could see fine, there was no source of light. I looked down to see that I was tied down to a bed. There were leather straps around my ankles, wrists, and one over my chest.

 I let my head fall to the side to see Scott by the opposite wall, strapped down to a bed the same way I was. A panic spread through us both as we tried wiggling free. I pulled on the straps with all my strength, but they were too tight.

 However, they shouldn't be too tight for the Alpha in the room. Scott stopped pulling on them and looked over at me. I raised an eyebrow at him, still surprised the straps were still keeping him bound to the bed.

 "Do I seriously need to remind you that you're a werewolf?" I asked. 

 "We're in Stiles' head," said Scott. 

 "And you're still a supernatural creature with supernatural strength," I said back, raising my head off the pillow. "Break free,"

 Scott took a deep breath, and I watched as he pulled with everything he had against the straps. He lowered his brow in determination and the muscles in his arms flexed as the leather began to tear. With one last huff, he broke free of the restraints. I let out a sigh of relief.