14

John was back at work, most likely sharing our engagement. I stayed at home, because I still had no job. It didn't matter that much, because John had a high paying job that he loved.

The window cracked and I looked in the kitchen. Brendon was closing the window and he walked into the living room.

"Hey, I haven't seen you since your date. How did it go?" He questioned, sitting on the couch beside me. His eyes narrowed to my hands, then he gasped. I saw his eyes go dark and he looked away. My mouth opened, like I was going to say something, but nothing came out.

"Wait... h-he proposed?" Brendon asked slowly. I nodded and smiled. His expression was sadder than usual. I cupped my hand on his cheek and pulled him into a hug.

"Brendon, please don't be sad..." I rubbed his back and shushed him softly. I knew about his feelings for me, and how much he started to love me.

"No... it's fine. Maybe this will help. If you're with someone else then there's absolutely no chance we could be together." Brendon said, breaking the hug. I gave him a sympathetic smile and rubbed his arm.

"So... tell me how it went. How did he propose?" He pushed past his feelings to make me feel better, and that was something I loved about Brendon. He would put everything aside to make me feel better.

"Well, we went to the fanciest restaurant in town. We had supper and it tasted so good! Then, he left to go to the bathroom, but he secretly went to the kitchen and gave them the engagement ring. They came out with vanilla cake m-"

"-you're favourite," he finished for me.

"So, I have one bite left, I eat it and then pull the ring out of my mouth. He took it from me, got down on one knee and proposed. It was magical!" Brendon smiled a forced smile and nodded.

"Let me see," he took my hand and brought the ring closer to his face. My heart ached for him.

"Wow, this is absolutely beautiful." He looked into my eyes and back down at the ring.

"How much did he spend on it?" I shrugged and looked at him.

"He refuses to tell me because then it sort of ruins the surprise of it. The most he's told me is that he spent two years salary on it." Brendon gasped and then chuckled.

"Well, Faelecia, you are one lucky woman!" He told me, and I nodded in agreement.

"John is so in love with me, it's scary. He even asked me to move in with him." Brendon's eyes widened as if I just told him I was elected president.

"I'm sorry, I'm piling all of this information on you, and I know it's not making you feel any better." I apologized. Brendon took my hand and started stroking my knuckles with his thumb.

"Faelecia, you can never do anything to upset me. I don't care if you rip my heart out and squeeze out right in front of my eyes. You will never upset me, ever!" Tears started to weld in my eyes, and Brendon pulled me into a hug.

"Good thing you don't have makeup on." He chuckled. I wiped my eyes and smiled.

"So, I'm going to have to start telling John about this, since he is my fiancé." I told him. He nodded and looked away.

"But I'll tell him starting now. He doesn't need to know about the other visits." He stifled a small laugh and nodded.

"Deal!" I saw a single tear roll down his cheek. I took my finger and wiped it away.

"Don't cry, this isn't a sad moment." I ordered. He pursed his lips, clasped his hands together and looked me deep in the eyes.

"What do you find in him that you don't find in me?" He asked abruptly. I looked at him with my mouth open.

"Brendon... you know I can't answer that." I whispered. He came closer to my ear and whispered.

"Yes, you can." His breath fanned against my ear.

"He doesn't make me feel worthless!" I snapped. Brendon quickly removed his head from my ear and looked at me with parted lips.

"I'm sorry for snapping, but I...I always felt like I was being used. You kidnapped me the first time to use me, the second time you kidnapped me for god knows what! John loves me, it's certain! We didn't meet in a crazy way, we met like normal people!" I breathed. Brendon looked away and stood up.

"You are so oblivious! I loved you with everything in me and I kidnapped you just for that!" He stormed. I shot up from my seat, fuming.

"Yeah, you kidnapped me! It doesn't matter what for! You still did it!" Retorting might have been the worst mistake. He ran to me and pushed me up against the wall. My windows stolen and I had trouble breathing. I vouched several times but still I couldn't gain control of my breath.

"Brendon..." I choked out, and he softly pushed on my chest, causing me to catch my breath. His eyes softened, but I pushed him off of me.

"Get the hell out of my house!" I ordered. He went to go apologize, but I cut him off every time.

"You knocked my breath out! Get out!" I yelled. He hung his head down low and walked out.

"Goodbye, Faelecia..."

Mind Pusher 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara