track 01: arrived

MAY 9TH \\\ 7:00 AM

"WE HAVE NOW ARRIVED, STAY SAFE AND ENJOY YOUR TIME IN SOUTH KOREA

"WE HAVE NOW ARRIVED, STAY SAFE AND ENJOY YOUR TIME IN SOUTH KOREA."

renjun sighed as he followed the humid corridor leading to the exit of the airplane.

"why the hell did i decide to start my program in may?," the boy thought as he popped out his earbuds and shoved them messily down the pockets of his ripped black jeans.

as he struggled collecting his carry-ons filled with unnecessary items he probably could just buy in korea, renjun stopped at the entrance of the airport. he took a water break and pulled out his phone, only to discover millions of messages from justin, fan chengcheng, and of course, chenle who arrived in seoul a few weeks ago. there were also some from more friends from his school, his teachers, and his mom.

renjun rushed in line to get his passport and luggage checked to allow himself entry into the foreign country, but the one thing he dreaded was talking in korean. he hated the thought that he had to speak a different language to the strangers that speak the exact same language he barely knew.

he followed everyone else from his flight, not knowing what to do and thinking that following others would work just as well as knowing where he was going. renjun noticed that the airport was not as busy as he thought as it would be, at least until he reached to customs. there he saw crying babies, excited teenagers, frustrated business men, and tired couples who were all lining up in the set boundary that they had to be in. the boy slightly touched the black material that had the same material as a seat belt, letting it guide him through the massive crowd.

as renjun reached the front, anxiety spiked, with his mouth feeling dry, and an awkward silence between the young man (who was the person checking his luggage) in front of him and himself.

"uh, you're name is huang renjun right?" the man said in mandarin, renjun just nodded confusedly, "aw! hi, my name is qian kun and i'm a big fan of your work!"

renjun smiled at the taller man, relieved that he didn't have to speak hangul for now, "why thank you! may i ask how you know me?"

"first of all, you're really popular back home and in korea. but secondly, you're transferring to the school i help out at for their art center."

"oh, that's cool. i'd love to see your artwork soon."

kun just chuckled nervously, "nah, its not nearly as good as yours."

"c'mon, i bet you're really talented," renjun said encouragingly, taking out his electronics from his luggage and placing them in the bin on the conveyer belt.

"you're too nice," kun said, his smile wider with every passing second, "anyways, you're allowed to enter the country legally now."

"i hope i see you soon," renjun mentioned, "thank you, and i'm looking forward to see your work. please be considerate of my feelings too."