Ben looks up from his book, his blaxk rimmed glasses riding on his nose. His blonde hairs falling round his angular face. He looks at me, sensing my eyes on him and I give him a small smile.

"How are you feeling today Adella?" He questions while he puts his book down on the counter. His practiced eyes watching my movements.

"Good Ben. I mean it's weird, I don't feel tired at all. My illness from this morning is gone. It's like I've been rejuvenated." I reply with a growing smile and he nods in approval.

"Your being sick wasn't this morning, Luna." He states quietly and my brows furrow in questioning and he continues, "It was yesterday."

I cough on my tea slightly and I feel my facial appearance conveying shock.

"How-what-WHAT?" I stutter.

"You were ill and that drained you, you haven't been sleeping either. You were in bad state so when Kira gave you that drink she laced it with sleeping pills. The sleep then fell upon you almost instantaneously and has revived you. The lost hours of sleep from Ashton's departure have been slept from this hibernation of yours." Ben says with amusement laced in his tone at the end.

My brows lift at the term 'hibernation' but I don't comment. I peer up at the clock and witness that it's 1:30pm. I gasp slightly but then focus my attention on Ben, once more.

"Is it only you here? Where are the others?"

"Yes, Kira left this morning after checking you and the others left yesterday afternoon as they had paperwork to deal with. I've been here the whole time." He states.

"Oh Ben, you could've left. I feel so bad, what have you been doing? I've been wasting your time, I'm so sor-" I apologise but Ben breaks my ramblings.

"No you don't need to be sorry, don't worry about it. I've been reading and sorting files about the warriors. My time here has been useful, the quiet is rare, Luna." He nods and I sigh and then nod.

"Well would you like some breakfast?" I ask, looking through the cupboards for ingredients.

"No Luna, you're still in weak state from this exertion of energy. I'll do it." He argues but I'm not having any of it.

"Sit down Benjamin." I order lightly and he does. Knowing the mention of 'Benjamin' means there is no debating with me.

Minutes into my cooking and I hear the large male come to my side and start to grab certain utensils.

"What are you doing?" I ask exasperatedly.

"Just setting the table, it's the least I can do." He answers and I then focus again on the food.

I slowly grab the newly mounted plates of cinnamon French toast, coated with summer fruits and a small bowl of maple syrup at the side to the counter. Ben's eyes grow wide and a small rumble leaves his mouth as he eye devours the plates.

"I swear Adella, none of this Luna crap. You need your own restaurant." He states in amusement and I chuckle at his endearing statement.

"Thank you Ben." I reply and then we both dive into our breakfast-lunch meal. Within minutes, both plates are cleared and we are both slurping our freshly squeezed orange juice.

"I genuinely mean it Adella, start up a restaurant or café and it would be so popular." Ben once again mentions but I shake my head.

"It's not that good and when do I have the time to be a chef?" I say in response and he shrugs.

After minutes of silence, I interrupt the placid setting with a question.

"How are you finding pack life here? Be honest."

"It's great, I'm one of the top warriors with my own squad. Our faculties and facilities are like no other. All of my friends here, they're my family as well. And my Luna and Alpha are tremendous, always kind but stern. I genuinely couldn't ask for anything better." He responds with pride, his eyes gleaming and his lips curled into a smile.

"Ben, you're-oh god-ah." I stutter, my eyes welling with emotion and tears threaten to fall.

He chuckles and takes me into his arms while I sigh lightly.

"What about your mate? Do you not want to search for her?" I question softly.

He stiffens at the mention of his 'mate' but still replies, "I've passed quite a few packs but couldn't get into them, you know as I was a rouge. I've never been that bothered as I couldn't see a way of me searching for her, without myself being harmed."

"Would you like to find her?" I return and he ponders for a while but then looks down into my eyes.

"Yes."

I look back upto his eyes and a sweeping smile forms on my face.

"Looks like we have a mate quest to prepare."

********************

Hello guys,

I've already written a note at the start of the chapter so the usual here.

Keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and following me xoxo

-LMRBXOX