Love, Hayes.

Hayes POV

It's been 4 years since Madison passed away. Nothing's the same without her.

The Cooke's actually adopted a 6 year old from an orphanage last year, Katelyn, so she's 7 now, and I babysit her sometimes.

You're probably wondering if I've dated another girl or anything, and I have. I dated a girl named Bridgette. We dated two years after Madison passed away, for about 3 months. We didn't date very long because she was visiting from Canada for a year, and she had to go back with her family, so we broke up.

I loved her a lot, but I didn't feel that same connection I felt with Madison.

Every now and then, I feel like she's here with me, like she's doing everything I do with me.

A few months ago, I was babysitting Katelyn. She went to bed so I went to Madison's room and when I first walked in, I smelled the smell of Madison. Her room was spotless, her bed was made, nothing was on the floor. I remembered all the memories we had together. When I turned around to leave, a book was on the floor, but when I walked in nothing was on the floor at all.

I picked it up and looked inside. It was filled with decorated pages- a scrapbook. But the only pictures in it were pictures of me and Madison. I got to the end, and the last pages weren't filled, like she never finished.

I read a note on the back cover of the scrapbook.

Dear Hayes,

I love you so much. If anything ever happened to one of us, I want you to know I love you with all my heart. You are the sweetest, most caring guy I know, and I hope you know that. I love you. -Madison

Tears were filling my eyes when I read it, so I closed the book and placed it on her bed. As I was leaving, I felt a cool breeze, like a window was open. But earlier I made sure all the windows were closed before Katelyn went to bed. And that's when I knew it was Madison.

Madison, I love you so much. And I miss you. I hope all is well up there.

Love,

Hayes.

///\\\

Ah I finally updated!!

It feels SO GOOD to be back writing and I have big news...

I started another story!! The first two parts are up on my profile so go check it out!

Did anyone else tear up when reading this? I know I did!

Thank you all so much for reading my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Love you all so much!

Alli