Chapter 12: You Think You Know Someone

Start from the beginning

Leah looks over at Alex and smiles. "What do you think, Sarge?" she questions and Alex stands up walking towards the blueprints. She then smiles and looks at Spike. "Wordy's right" she says quietly and everyone laughs as Spikes' mouth drops open shocked but he quickly closing it and smiles, shaking his head. "Your girlfriend doesn't even agree with you" Sam shouts as Eddie walks into the room.

"Ed! Best entry point today, best POE?" Spike asks pointing up at the Blueprints and Eddie stops walking and looks up at them. "First one, obviously" he answers. "You got a thing for Wordy, too" Spike then points as he walks towards Alex and wraps his arms around her waist, giving her a hug from behind. "Who doesn't? But, the first one's still the right POE" he explains, as Wordy and Leah take a seat. 

"Okay, guys, go day on this warrant" Eddie advises looking up at Alex, as Spike lets go of her, letting her walk towards the front with Eddie.   "To recap: El Coleros' President Tony Pranso, he's wanted for racketeering, attempted murder, the list goes on. We go in tonight" Alex explains as she looks at everyone and they all give her a slight nod as the phone goes off in her pocket. She reaches down taking her phone out of her pocket. "Close quarters battle house drill in thirty minutes," she says and turns and walks away placing the phone up to her ear.

"Hey dad" she smiles. "Hey, Alex. Um, something came up, I'm gonna be a little late," Greg says and a worried expression appears on her face as she looks back at the team laughing and talking about the blueprints. "Anything serious?" Alex questions. "Nah, just some personal stuff. Be about an hour" Greg advises. "Anything I can do?" Alex asks trying to think about what her dad could be doing. "Nah, it's fine. I'm fine, Alex. I'll see you in an hour, okay?" Greg then questions. "Okay" Alex sighs. "Alright. Love you" he says. "Love you too" Alex smiles and then hangs up the phone, placing it back in her pocket.

"Guys, change of plan" Alex says walking back into the briefing room. "We'll do the drill in an hour and thirty" she announces as she feels a worried feeling take over her body. "Alright! free time" Spike cheers as he begins to walk out of the room. "Not likely. Outside, fifteen minutes. Full gear. Let's go. We're doing sprints!" Alex smiles as she walks out of the room hearing then all sigh as she passes them laughing with Eddie.

***

Greg pulls into an alley, and gets out of his car panicked as he walks around to see a man with a white hat and blue flannel walking towards him. "Hey! you looking' to score?" the man asks. "No, I'm looking for a friend" Greg admits as he looks around frantically. "Maybe I can help. I know everybody around here" the man quickly says and Greg looks towards him. "No. But thanks" Greg answers and looks down at his phone and leans against his car. "You sure I can't-" the man begins to say, but then suddenly leans over in pain holding his hand over his heart.

"Oh god," he says and Greg looks towards him quickly.  "You alright?" Greg questions and the man nods his head. "Oh yeah...I'm fine" the man says but then slowly leans his back against the truck of Greg's car as his body begins to seize.

Greg moves towards the guy placing a hand over his chest. "You're alright. It's okay" Greg says calmly. "I'm gonna call 911. I'm gonna get you help" he continues as he places his phone up to his ear. "911, what's your emergency?" a woman asks on the other end. "My name is Sergeant Greg Parker. I'm with the SRU. There's a possible overdose in an alley at Shuter and Victoria" Greg explains as a back van pulls up behind him and he hears the door open, causing him to turn around and look towards it. He then feels a pair of hands against his back before the force pushes him straight into the van. The door quickly closes and everything goes dark.

***

Alex walks back inside the building, looking down at a file of papers and then checking her phone for the time. It has been longer than an hour and she was starting to get worried. "Alex" Winnie's voice calls causing Alex to look up and towards her desk as the rest of the team come walking in from outside. "I think you guys should hear this" she explains and Alex looks at her confused before the team gather around her desk.