Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Spencer P.O.V.

I’d been laying in bed for at least 3 hours, watching random TV shows on BBC. Naomi had been avoiding me all of yesterday. She came home at 4 in the morning last night, and was probably still pissed at me. So I figured there was no point getting out of bed anyway.

In all honesty, I was confused as fuck. I thought she had forgiven me? But still, she was acting weird. Like, not mean or anything. But not the same. It was probably just a phase, she’d get over it soon...hopefully. For now, I just needed to give her space. 

I rolled over, causing the remote to fall on the ground by the bed. “Shit,” I mumbled, crawling off the bed. My stomach rumbled, I hadn’t eaten all day. I made my way out to the kitchen, where Naomi was sitting at the counter eating cereal. She looked up when she saw me. “Good morning,” I said, getting the box of Frosted Flakes out of the cupboard.

“It’s like 3 in the afternon, Spence,” she rolled her eyes. 

“Whatever,” I said, opening the fridge. “Did you get some milk while you were gone last night?” I asked.

“I wasn’t grocery shopping,” she said, sarcastically, giving me a bitchy smirk.

I slammed the fridge closed. “Well where the hell were you then?” 

“Why does it matter so much?” she shot back, rolling her eyes. “I’m going out,” she sighed, standing up. “I’ll be back later,” she grabbed her bag, and let the door close with a thud. And just like that, she was gone. 

What the hell.

Naomi P.O.V.

I really didn’t know what was going on with me. I’d forgiven Spencer. I’d said it, I’d said those words.

It’s ok, 

I remember it clearly. So why did I still get a twinge of anger every time I looked at her? Why didn’t I just move on, have fun with my best friend, in the city of our dreams?

I’d asked myself that over and over again, but always came out with nothing. I just didn’t know what to think, who to trust, what to believe. So last night, I’d gone out to a club to blow off some steam, and had come home totally drunk and even more confused. Drinking obviously doesn’t really help the fact that you’re best friend ditches you for her famous boyfriend, I found that out the hard way last night, much to my dismay. I couldn’t stand being in that room though, she kept looking at me with those huge green eyes, as if her eyes were speaking all the words we hadn’t said. I guess I still felt bad about what happened a few days ago, but also angry every time she turned to the side, hiding her phone from sight, obviously texting Louis. 

I tapped my foot impatiently to the beat of the elevator music, My brain is such a fucked up, complicated thing, I decided. The two elevator doors opened,the bright light shining in my eyes interrupting my thoughts. I felt the vibration of my phone against my tight skinny jeans, revealing a new text from Liam. 

Hey whats up

I sat, pondering my reply,

I don’t know... I think I need to get out of this room for a while..

Within seconds, he responded,

u wannaj get cofee im bord at home to :-( 

Sometimes I really did question if this boy was literate.

sure, sounds good 

I hit send, and within seconds he replied telling me to meet him in a half hour. I wandered into the fancy hotel lobby, stuffing my phone in my pocket. After asking the doorman for directions to the cafe, I slipped out the revolving doors and into the London summer air.