My pain making me feel like the world stopped is put at pause when the raindrop brings me back to reality.

The world still spins and time still goes by no matter the day, bad or good.

"Can we...can we just go home?" I sighed and got up.

He nodded and we walked out of the park. The night was upon us and I got into Graysons silent car, full of the group and a thick tension.

The ride home was silent. Ethans eyes were burning a hole into mine the whole time.

I glanced once at him, his eyes looked pained. Broken beyond belief and the look on his face was a silent plea for me to say something, anything to him to help releave the pain he felt, and for I wanted to speak and say I loved him and how much pain I was in,

I said nothing.

Because while he sat in pain, silent, I sat in pain silent, waiting for him to speak,

He said nothing.

Two broken people, now broken by ourselves and by one another, sitting, waiting to be put back together by one another,

Yet we said nothing.

Grayson pulled into the driveway, turning his car off the quickest he ever has. "Alright...I'll see you guys tomorrow." His voice hinting for everyone to leave because this was too much.

Dylan nodded and gave him a fist bump as he got out.

Alice got out and gave Grayson a hug, "Keep me posted." She whispered, causing him to give her a slight nod in the crook of her neck.

I got out and Jules hugged me. "I love you. I'll kick his ass if I have to."

A smile slightly crawled onto my lips at her words, "Love you too." I turned around, my body inches away from Ethans.

"Can we talk?" His voice was raspy, low.

I nodded and he and I walked into the Dolan house into his room.

His room was my safe place, an escape from reality where we could be ourselves and only ever have to worry about eachother.

"I'm sorry."

I sat down at the side of his bed, across from his desk where he had sat at.

"I should have never gotten high that night. Never should have gotten high enough to say something so stupid, say something to ruin my happiness."

"Being high doesn't matter." I stopped him, "You said you'd make this, us, a bet. I hear people say alcohol and drugs can make you say your sober thoughts you don't want to say. That's what hurts more than anything." I say with honesty, my voice laced with pain.

Now was the time to be as open with him as I could be and I hoped he would do the same with me.

"But that was never a sober thought." His eyes met mine, "That night, I saw how broken you were. I know you saw it in me. I thought how I wanted to have you because I wanted to. I wanted to get to know you, everything about you. Not because of some bet or money, but because I was fasinated in you. What I said wasn't me, it was the old me, the stupid me."

His eyes were soft, his voice full of worry over losing me.

But everything he said was screaming the truth.

But something inside of me couldn't believe it yet.

I was pained, I felt hurt. Hurt from everything in my life going on.

Yet I saw a video, I heard the words escape his mouth.

That's what hurts the most.

"I love you. I do. You are everything to me, but I have had so much heartbreak and pain these past couple months between my ex and my parents and now this,"

"Autumn,"

"And I want to believe you, and I do believe you, but the video shows proof,"

"Autumn,"

"My heart hurts so bad, yet I believe you. So it shouldn't right?"

His hands covered mine, tears slowly flooding his eyes.

"But I'm sad and this is all bringing up emotions of sadness beyond just our relationship. If I'm not okay, how is this relationship going to be okay? And I just want us to be okay, but right now I'm not okay enough for that because the emotions flooding me could ruin us for good." Tears were falling from my face at a rapid rate, like two waterfalls.

His hands softly pressed over mine, "I love you with all I have. I would never do anything to hurt you and the fact you believe me makes me realize you see I've changed. Giving me the sense that I have when sometimes I feel I haven't." He rubbed my hands, silence taking over us.

After a minute passed, he spoke. "Love, I will give you as much time as you need." He was crying now, his voice cracking as he choked back sobs, "And I, I will be waiting for you when you come back. When your heart isn't hurting from what is going on at home, and what you heard and saw today causing this shock, this shock is all gone. Because this isn't goodbye for us. This is not where our story ends."

I was crying, watching him cry only causing me to cry harder, "What is this then?"

"It's a break to save what we have." His pained voice whispered. "It's an I'll see you later."

—————
This is NOT the end of the book btw
But there will be a sequel when the time comes.
My love for you all is strong
Get ready for a powerful wave of emotions these next few chapters