11

Thursday night:

I laid down in my bed waiting for Ethan to come over and help me pack.

Last night was perfect. His arms were starting to feel like home. I felt safe, protected.

My lips still felt the tingle from the way his plump lips pressed against mine.

I smiled softly at the memory. I needed to see him.

A couple minutes later, the doorbell rung.

I ran downstairs in my gray shorts and long white t-shirt and opened the door. "Hi!" I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso, breathing in his scent.

I missed him so much.

"Hi beautiful." He kissed the top of my head as he snaked his arms around me.

"Hello Ethan." I heard my dads voice come out from the kitchen. "I'm Mr. Kingg. Call me Dennis."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir!" Ethan slowly released me as he gave my dad a firm handshake.

"Ready to go pack?" I looked up at Ethan as he smiled down at me and nodded. "We'll be upstairs." I smiled to my dad as I took Ethan up.

"Be good!" He called as I shut my door.

"He seems nice." Ethan smiled while looking around my room. "I love this." He gestured to the room.

My white walls were covered in pictures of places from around the world. All the places I wanted to travel.

"Thank you." I smiled as I sat down onto my bed. "Want to pack for me?"

"Oh no." He came and laid across my lap. "I'm going to watch you pack and state my opinions." He reached up and tucked my hair behind my ears.

I shook my head and went to stand up but he stopped me. "No don't get up yet. I'm admiring you." He traced my cheek, down my neck, across my collarbone to my shoulder, then down my arm. "Gorgeous." He murmured.

I blushed and ran my fingers through his soft, fluffy brown hair. Our eyes stayed locked onto eachothers before he broke the contact by sitting up. "The faster we pack the faster we can lay here and I can admire." He got up, "I'll help." He went into my closet.

I went up behind him wrapping my arms around him, leaning my head onto his back. His skin was so smooth all the way around his body.

He smiled and grabbed a few rompers, a sundress, some crop tops, and cute t-shirts. "This going to be enough shirts? You want to grab shorts?"

"It'll be plenty of tops E. Maybe too many." I went over to my drawer and grabbed a few different pairs and folded them into my suitcase.

"You can never have too many for a vacation!" He laughed walking over to my dresser. "Now where are the..." he started opening drawers, peeking in each one and closing them again when what he was searching for wasn't in there. "Ugh... wait- found them!" He looked through my bathing suits. "You have to look good in all of these how do I choose ones to take?" He bit his lip slightly as he picked up my red bikini that had black accents. "Okay got one." He handed it to me. "And the blue one." He handed me the blue one with white stripes. "Boom. You're going to be the queen of the beach." He jumped onto my bed. "All packed!"

I blushed and giggled as I set the bathing suits in my bag. I put my small toilitrie bag down the side of my suitcase and grabbed a couple bras and panties, hiding them slightly until I got them into the suitcase.

"The pink lace is cute." He smirked.

I zipped up the suitcase and set it on the floor, my face bright red. "I tried to hide it." I laid down next to him.

"I'd see it eventually." He smirked and kissed my forehead softly. His eyes gazed lazily on me as his finger traced from my elbow down the side of my arm to my fingertips.

I buried my head into his chest and breathed in his heady scent.

Things were blissful.

Until I could hear my parents arguing downstairs. I knew Ethan could too.

"No! You don't care to talk to us!" I heard my dad.

"Why would I?! Nobody cares! Autumn doesn't. I don't even like saying her name anymore because it's just a painful memory of us!"

"Don't say that about OUR daughter!"

I blinked back a couple of tears as I felt Ethans tight grip pull my closer. He didn't say anything. He just held me close as I cried softly, my tears softly fell onto his t-shirt.

"Hey.." he whispered and leaned my head up to look at him. I saw his eyes go softer as he looked into mine.

Into them in their purest form of broken.

"Autumn I am so, so sorry." He placed his lips onto my forehead pressing down a kiss. He held them there. "Your name is beautiful. I'm going to make it something beautiful to you again." He murmured against my forehead. "I promise you."

I blushed and looked up at him. "Okay." My voice cracked and I looked down. My broken heart hurt.

I didn't want to be alone, I didn't want Ethan to leave. "Can you...can you stay the night?" I looked up into his eyes. "Or until I fall asleep?"

I wasn't sure if he had to be home, what his parents would say. Being alone right now in a time of this was beyond hard. Having him here now, I didn't want him to go.

His warm, musclur arms wrapped around me so close, protecting me. I wasn't ready to give that up.

"I'll stay however long you need me to, Princess. I'm right here." He pressed our foreheads together.

The span of just under a week and you'd think we've been together longer.

We clicked. We connected on a level of hurt that brought us closer, brought our true selves out to eachother quicker.

He was remarkable. A precious human who I was happy to call mine.

He knew how broken I was, and I knew his. Two broken hearts trying to come together.

Just like our broken eyes, our broken heart pieces could fit together.

His fingertips traced small hearts across my back as he held me close to his chest, his nose buried in my hair.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." I muffled into his chest.

"Baby, I'm sorry you have to hear it more."

Ethans POV:

I laid there holding Autumn close to my chest. Her hair smelled like her fragrant shampoo of flowers and cherry.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." She muffled into my chest.

I felt my heart break for her. She sounded so sad, yet so used to it.

It reminded me of the times all of the hate would roll in. I'd hide it from Grayson, but sometimes he'd hear about it or be there when somebody would say something to me. Nothing I could do then, so I'd apologize for him having to hear it. I'd apologize in the same tone Autumn did to me now,

Used to it.

My eyes glossed over thinking of the vine days, thinking of Autumn hurting.

Thinking of how both of our hearts constantly ached, except when we were around eachother that aching would dull into almost nothing.

"Baby, I'm sorry you have to hear it more."