Yubelluna: The very same man who killed our previous king... while he is no doubt stronger, we cannot...

Ravel: Yes, as we all know: he's not exactly fond of devils in the first place meaning he's probably the last person who would ever accept a peerage...

Isabela: But... at the end of the day, it comes down to power, if he's who I think he is: (Y/N) will easily succumb to an offer of power.

Yubelluna: He's a brute... he murdered Riser...

Mihae: Yes, but was Riser really that good of a person Yubelluna? He murdered innocent children, most would regret that but when the boy brought it up, Riser gloated about it...

Ile and Nel (Pawns): Well we want him to be our new king!

Yubelluna: What!?

Xuelan: Despite his hatred, he fought against Riser honourably, that's all I ask out of our new king.

Isabela: I could get a few lessons outta that guy!

Karlamine: Well... he does hang around that pure devil with blonde hair, which means he must be a good person at heart if she trusts him...

Siris: Even if he doesn't wield a sword like mine, he does hold plenty of power to make up for it.

Mihae: Not to mention his intelligence in battle, while not as smart as I would like it to be, he's able to outmanoeuvre the one we believed to be invincible for so long...

Ni and Li: Maybe he has some snacks!

Mira (Pawn):...

Ravel: You've been silent for a while, something wrong Mira?

Mira: I don't think I deserve another chance?

Isabela: Why's that?

Mira: I'm weak...

Ravel: Well... that's going to be one of demands!

Mira: What?

Ravel: I'll get him to train you, I promise, and then you won't be looked down on as weak anymore!

Mira just looked away in silence, but they did catch a small ghost of a smile on her face, no doubt imagining a strong individual like (Y/N) training her. Riser never bothered training her, instead he just used her for when he wanted to play out a sick fantasy, of course, she always politely refused his advances.

Ravel: Then, we are all in agreement that the only one who can accept the role of being king is (Y/N) (L/N)?

They all nod, Ravel then suddenly grows a nervous smile while looking at everyone, including Yubelluna's doubtful gaze.

Ravel: 'Oh no... how am I going to pull this off!?'

(Present time)

(Y/N) sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose, after Ravel discussed how they came to the decision on (Y/N) being the new king piece, he was in disbelief.

(Y/N): Trust you devils to quickly betray your master for whoever's stronger... this is why I refused you this morning: how am I supposed to know you will be loyal even if I did give you the chance of forming a peerage with me?

Ravel: You weren't listening... they thought they were happy with Riser. He took them in when they were down, he made them feel alive again, (Y/N), coming from a past where you lost your family. Your past is nothing compared to theirs.

(Y/N): Oh? I can't wait to hear this one...

Ravel: Ni and Li? Twins who were expelled from their home because of how they turned out: apparently they were weaker than what their family was. Isabela? While she may seem tough, she's had to sell her body for the last 6 years before Riser found her just because devils killed her family too. Mihae? She's been abandoned ever since she was an infant, she never knew what being part of a family feels like, not even Riser... that kimono she's always wearing is all Riser ever allowed her to wear!!!