Chapter 1

I sat on a dock at the end of a creek. It was beautiful the sun was going down the water was glistening and there was no noise, I could actually think. That was until Brandon Parker, the schools so called bad boy, walked by with 2 guys shortly behind him. I decided to ignore it they didn't seem to notice me so I won't seem to notice them. About 5 minutes later I hear 3 blood curdling screams and then a huge splash. Two sets of heavy footsteps followed and the two guys who were following Brandon appeared running by. I got up and ran from the direction in which they came from but Brandon was nowhere. Water! I heard a splash I started searching the water and spotted a hat floating. I didn't even think my adrenaline kicked in and I jumped in to try and find Brandon. The creek was only waist deep why isn't he just standing? I go under the almost clear water and spot an arm I grab what I can see. I start dragging to edge, man he was heavy! I finally pull him out fully and check his pulse.... barely anything. What do I do? Call 911, I grab my phone, good thing I got a waterproof case, and call for and ambulance. "It's on it's way" the operator says. I can't just let him stay like this I have to help him. CPR! I have never done CPR on a person I've only seen it in person but it's worth a try right? I blew into his mouth and started 30 compressions. 27,28, why isn't he waking up? I get done and begin again 1,2,3,4, all the sudden he began coughing and grabbing out my arm for I guess stability...? I whisper "it's ok I got you, the ambulance is on it's way" I notice the side if his cheek is bleeding so I reach my hand over and tilt his head towards me. The cuts not deep but it's bleeding a lot. I grab my jacket and wrap It in a ball and press it gently against his head to try to stop the bleeding. He doesn't open his eyes to see who I am he just holds on to me. His head in my lap, my arm in his hands, and his bleeding head in my hands. Besides all his cuts and bruises he wasn't that bad looking up close. His tan skin, brown hair, huge muscles, and perfect lips. What lips? Why do I even carried haven't had a boyfriend or cared about guys attractive ness since freshman year and I'm a junior. And before you ask no I'm not lesbian I just think high school relationships are not healthy, they are a waste of time. I am woken from my thoughts when sirens start blaring in my ears and soon lights invade my eyes. I hear a door slam and footsteps and a man appears. "Is he conscious?" he asks. "Yes I think so, but his head is bleeding a lot" I say lifting the shirt for the man to see. He quickly replies "ok we need to clean that up but I don't think he is conscious or he would have said something." True but his grip on my arm was like he was here and needed me. "I'm gonna go get the stretcher stay here and keep pressure on his head." He says before running back to the group of people unloading from the ambulance. The next couple minutes happens so fast, first they took Brandon on the stretcher and began loading him in the ambulance. Next they were putting me in there with him I was confused but went anyway, I mean he did kinda still have my arm. We arrive at the hospital and they release me from Brandon's grip and send me to a waiting room as they check him. About 45 minutes later a doctor appears and calls for the relatives of Brandon Parker. Now of course I'm not a relative but I think I was the only one here for him. So I stood and headed towards the doctor. "How is he? is he ok?" I ask nervously. He responded quickly "He is fine he just has a pulled shoulder and has to have stitches put on the cut on his forehead. But he will be alright, are you his girl friend?" I don't know what it was in me, maybe the thought of them not telling me more or the thought of not being able to see him that made me say "yes I am. Why?" "Well we haven't been able to get ahold of his dad and we were wondering if u might know where he is?" He asked. Now I don't know Brandon but I did know he didn't have parents he lived in an apartment by himself, I mean he was a senior and 18 he was technically an adult. "Umm. He doesn't live with his Father. I have never met him I'm sorry I can't help." "it's ok we will just have to keep him overnight then. Would you like to see him ms.?" "My name is Maribel Stevens and yes I would love to see him." I really didn't want to see him I just needed to make sure he was ok.

"Alright right this way." He led me down a hallway to a narrow door at the end number 209. "Here you are. He may not wake up for the next hour of so from the medicine we gave him. You are welcome to stay here we made the couch into a bed already incase you wanna sleep it is 10 pm." wow it's late I better call my parents. "Ok thank you."

He shut the door and I dialed my mom. "Hey mom." "where are you? you missed dinner?" "I'm sorry I'm at..... Kaya's house we got caught doing homework. Can I just spend the night here?" "yeah sure just stay safe." "ok I will. Love you. I'll be home in the morning."