Part 7: Threats

Noah heard them all come. She could feel their presences making it harder for her to breath. She carefully unlocked her door that James told her to keep firmly locked and crept out into the vast balcony and peered through the gaps down into the hallway below.

Charlie was the first to come, bringing with him a stink of cigarettes and a new look that Noah thought looked really good for him. It showed off his nice toned arms.

Next came in Payton, then Harvey and finally Johnny Orlando.

How could James expect her not to be curious. They made such a row she had no choice but to quickly pull a sweatshirt on over her sports bra and creep down the stairs to pay on her brother and his friends.

They had gone into the kitchen with two bags. One rattled about loudly, no guess as to what was in there and the other didn't make a noise at all. Maybe it was empty? Highly doubtful.

James crossed his arms over his chest and looked at the Nike bag that didn't make a noise because it was stashed with money. "We split it equally with no stupid fights. Got it?" He asked.

Harvey nodded, unzipped the bag and ripped it's contents out into the table. "Sure." Her said picking a big roll of fifties.

As they helped themselves to their shares Payton admired each green note with a smile. "How dyou think she got all this dosh?" He asked licking his lips.

"Prostitution." James sniggered.

Charlie stopped and looked up at James. "Take that back dickhead." He sneered.

James looked over at his friend and shook his head defiantly. "Or what?" He challenged.

"I'll knock those pearly white teeth right out of their gums." He spat.

James laughed and shook his head. He knew that Charlie wouldn't date lay a finger on him because of his status. James had money and family to fall back on. Charlie didn't. He was alone.

"Dude, chill. Prostitution is not the same as being a stripper." He consoled.

Harvey shoved his hands on his pockets. "Can we hurry this mothers meeting up and go already? " He asked pulling a new can of cherry red spray paint from the other blue plastic carrier bag on the table.

Johnny grabbed the bag by it's plastic, flimsy handles and nodded.

"Sure." James said parting Charlie on the back before heading out of the room.

Charlie snarled but couldn't keep a grudge. He was in a dangerous position. If he stated angry with James and refused to do what he wanted, James could do whatever he wanted to him because Charlie has no one left in the world who cares about him enough to know if he was alive or not.

Noah ducked and snuck around the side to avoid bumping into her brother or his friends. She walked backwards into the kitchen with a smile on her face.

She turned around smugly but soon stopped.

Charlie looked at her with a polker face. She has no idea what he was thinking and neither him her.

"I was just thirsty." She thought.

" Sure. " he answered bluntly.

She placed her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow. "What's with the new hair? You look like a hopeless wannabe rapper."

" What's with the attitude? You sound like a sad Bitch. " he shot back.

She gasped at him. "James won't like you calling his sister that."

" James won't like it when I tell him you're down her at all. " he said arching an eyebrow. Then he stepped closer to Noah.

He snaked a hand around her waist and arched her back so she looked up at him while he leant over. "And anyway. I could lie and say you were... Flirting with me." He smirked.

Noah looked up at the boy and it angered her. She placed two firm hands on his chest and shoved him away. As his hand moved as her support, her feet slipped and she landed with her butt planted on the hard stone floor.

"Everything ok in there?" James called from the hallway.

Charlie smiled. "Fine. Just trying to lace up my boots. I'll be right there." He yelled back.

Then he looked back down at Noah. He went over and crouched down by her as she propped herself up on her elbows. She sneered at him as his fingers gently traced patterns on her cheek but she couldn't do anything.

He gave her side smile and looked in her eyes. "See you later. If I'm lucky." He said slowly licking his lips.

Noah refrained for aiming her heel in his crotch and watched with burning fury as Charlie joined her brother outside and heard the front door slam shut. She yelled through her teeth in annoyance and lay back down on the floor, looking up at the ceiling.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Guys, seeing as i have my GCSEs this year (my finals if you're American) I am not that active on Instagram, but please, if you have a question or wanna chat PM me on Wattpad as i log on everyday without fail :)

Just thought i'd let you guys know that i'm not dead <3

Also... I know this is a Max and Harvey book and i doubt anyone is... But..

PLEASE!

SCREAM IF YOU'RE ARMY!

(Just to be clear... BTS Army ;))

~ME