Chapter 3

It was last block on Friday and Alex was in English. The class was supposed to be reading their books and answering questions but all Alex did was check his phone every five minutes.

"Alex, put your phone away please." His teacher raised her brows from behind her glasses sitting on her nose.

Alex slipped his phone in his pocket then fixed his eyes on the clock. It showed that he had forty minutes left of school.

He decided he would read his book and finish his work to pass time.

"When you hand in your work, you may use your phone. If you don't finish, it's homework." The teacher stated clicking her nails on her laptop keys.

Alex was almost finished with his work when he saw some people packing up their bags.

He checked his phone to see he had five minutes left and put his papers in his folders and packed all his things in his bag.

He opened his phone to instagram and noticed he had one notification. He smiled tapping his fingers as fast as he could.

It was a message from Jill, which read,

"Hi Alex"

Alex grinned at his phone screen responding as quickly as possible.

"This may be weird, but I was wondering if you wanted to hangout."

Alex thought it was simple and still polite. He didn't want to be known as the creep of the grade even though there are many of those already.

He clicked off his phone and the school bell for the end of the day rung and all of the students filed out of the classroom doors.

Alex didn't bother trying to look for Jacob all he was focused on was getting to his car to drive home.

Alex pushed through the students trying to get to the exit doors avoiding conversation.

He finally reached outside feeling a little breeze but mostly the hot sun beating down on his skin. He took his keys out from his pocket putting his finger over the unlock button getting ready to push it.

Once he was five feet away from his car, he unlocked the doors and climbed inside. He put his backpack on the passenger seat before starting the car.

Alex looked around for other students walking in the parking lot noticing there were a group of girls walking behind his car. He had to wait.

"Alex!" He heard a faint voice yell from outside the car.

He turned his head to look out the window and saw Jacob sprinting towards his car. Alex sighed unlocking the doors knowing he was gonna ask for a ride.

Alex moved his backpack from the passenger seat to the backseat gonna giving room for him to sit.

"Dude, Amy just said that you could come with me to her house because there will be other girls there." He exclaimed putting on his seatbelt.

"Wait really?" Alex asked pulling out of the parking space.

"Yes really." Jacob smiled taking his phone out.

"When are we going to Amy's exactly?" Alex asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"Well she said Saturday night." Jacob told Alex shrugging his shoulders.