Chapter Two

A few days have gone by since the deal with Alex and Jacob was made and none of them are getting anywhere. Jacob keeps humiliating himself in front of girls while Alex stands and watches.

Yesterday, Alex and Jacob were sitting in lunch eating when Jacob had the brilliant idea to go on the microphone in the lunch room and announce to the whole cafe that he was' single and ready to mingle'. Jacob also thought it would be a good idea to mention that Alex was single too.

Alex sat there, cheeks as red as cherries, as he watched everyone in the cafe cringe of second hand embarrassment or laugh. 'They were never gonna get laid' Alex thought.

It was first block on Friday and Alex was already over with the day. He was in his Spanish class which was his least favorite because his teacher was a complete asshole.

He sat in his normal seat and unpacked his things from his backpack. He had a few friends in the class but he went on his phone for the remainder of the time left until the class actually started.

The bell rung and his teacher closed the classroom door and Alex put his phone back into his pocket.

"Alright, I told you guys last class that we were starting our final project today and I had already picked the partners so don't think that you will be working with you're best friend." She lectures walking over to her desk to retrieve the list of names.

"You might want to pack your things back in your bags because you will be moving your seat." She mentioned before reading off the names.

Alex waited until he heard his name be called by his teacher. He tapped his fingers on the desk trying to form some beat to a song in his head.

"Alex you're with Ivy." The teacher told them. Alex honestly did not know who that was so he tapped his friends shoulder.

"Dude, who is Ivy?" Alex whispered to his friend who was together with his partner.

His partner turned around to get in on the conversation.

"It's her." He pointed right behind Alex.

Alex flicked his head around to see Ivy standing there with her books in her hands.

"Hi." She nervously spoke looking down at her books and then at Alex.

"Hi i'm Alex." Alex introduced looking for a chair for her to sit down next to him.

"Oh thank you." She replied to his action.

Ivy sat down next to Alex and it was silent.

"So how should we do this project?" Ivy asked fiddling with her pencil in her fingers.

"Well, we could start with creating two characters that have a dialogue." Alex explained glancing at Ivy's face.

"Yeah, we could do that." Ivy replied looking down at her hands with a little smile on her face.

Alex's cheeks began to heat up. He knew this was not going to be easy if it was this hard to talk to one girl.

After the spanish class rolled by Alex met up with Jacob in the hallway.

"We are really fucked." Jacob admitted scratching the back of his head.

"Are you throwing in the towel?" Alex smirked.

"No, no, no. I'm just saying that this will take time." Jacob tried.

"Mhm. Maybe for you." Alex smiled confidently.

"Oh really?" Jacob challenged furrowing his brows.

"Yup." Alex replied popping the p.

Jacob shook his head as the two continued down the narrow way of students. The crowded halls always filled with people made it hard for the boys to talk about the deal they had made since it is quite embarrassing.