8.

EUNBAE POV

'that dress suits you a lot!' naeri said, while looking at my dress. we decided to come to my house and spend time before prom there, because we had a lot to do. makeup, hair, dress and stuff. but really,

why am i even trying to look good, when technically i have nobody to go there with?

i do appreciate naeri's help, and her attempts to make me happy, but i can't. i just can't move on. it is hard to forget about someone you cared for so much, and whom you loved to death. my only wish right now is to see chenle near me, look into his eyes, and see love in them.

but again, he had been so ignorant towards me, and that's not what i would want in a relationship.

naeri is so lucky. she is going to spend time with jaemin. he is very popular. and friends with chenle. i just hope he won't make him go to prom. that's the last thing i would want to happen.

'thanks...' i shyly mumble and look at naeri. her dress looked so pretty. it's a rose gold dress with some veil sewn onto her waist. she looked so elegant and small in it. my dress wasn't that formal, well, i have no one to impress. it's a simple, but cute short red dress with some rose details. my favorite.

'what hairstyle will you do?'

'probably some beach waves, i don't know what jaemin likes.'

'jaemin likes you, so do whatever you desire' i smile at her, as naeri got a little bit red.

'shut up!' she playfully punched me in the shoulder as we both laugh. 'i think a simple ponytail with some flowers will suit your dress.'

i nod and start brushing my hair.

suddenly naeri's phone rings.

'hello?' she answers. at first she seemed confused, but some time later, a small smile formed on her face. 'hey, jaemin! you are picking us up? ah, thanks! see you soon!'

she then put her phone directly to her heart, sighed, and fell face down on the bed.

'hey! i know you like him and such, but your makeup!'

'i don't care.' her muffled voice sounded so funny, i couldn't hold my laugh in.

in a hour jaemin called once again, to say that he is waiting for us outside. we packed our bags, did minor touch ups for our makeup, and headed out.

jaemin's car looked so cool. so did he. naeri waved at him and opened the front seat door. i was about to open my door, when jaemin started speaking.

'oh, by the way, my friend asked me to pick him up too. you mind that?'

as i was about to say no, i opened the door.

oh no...