"Did she know you saw them?"

"No, she didn't. I threw the flowers down and Quinn chased after me but by the time she caught up, I had already taken off on my bike. It was one of the worst moments of my life. I got up onto the highway and floored it. I was going at least, 80. And that doesn't sound fast, but on a bike it was fast. I could feel everything. In my mind I guess I thought that I could ride away from the pain. Quinn tried calling me but it I wasn't about to pull out my phone."

"So she doesn't like you speeding because of that?"

Brittany had her laptop on now and was looking through her pictures. "Here." Santana looked over and saw a picture of a crushed bike.

"You.. Got into a accident?" Brittany handed her the laptop and she kept scrolling through the pictures.

"Yes. I lost control of my bike and I flew off. Quinn saw everything. She was a couple hundred feet behind me when it happened. When I hit the ground, I blacked out. And when I finally came to, she was over me trying to get me to wake up." Everything was replaying in Brittany's mind. The memory was so vivid. It was as if it was actually happening. Quinn taking her helmet off, the sound of other people calling 911. She felt water on her face only to realize that it was Quinn's tears hitting her. She brought her hand to her face to wipe it away only to realize that it was dry. She snapped back into reality and continued her story. "She was there through everything. The ambulance ride, in the E.R. She stayed every night I was in the hospital."

"What kine injuries did you have?"

"Let's see. I had a fracture in the thoracic region of my spine. A minor concussion, about three broken ribs and my shoulder was dislocated." Santana scrolled to the pictures of Brittany in the hospital. "I had to wear a back brace for about two and a half months and had tons of physical therapy. It healed and now it's almost as good as new."

"Wow. And so I'm guessing that's why Quinn is how she is about you riding a bike. I can understand. I mean, to see a friend go through that must have been terrible."

"It took a toll on her, that's for sure. My ex heard about what happened and came to visit me while I was still in the hospital. Quinn nearly got into a fight with her and blames her for what happened to me."

"That explains why she sounded so worried last night. It makes sense now." Santana stood up and placed the laptop back on the desk. "Does your back still bother you?"

"It does, from time to time. If it flares up really bad, I have medicine for it and my brace is in the closet. So in case anything happens, now you know. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. My doctor said that I can play softball and stuff, just no contact sports."

"Are you gonna make me worry about you all season, Sooner?" Santana smiled. "I feel like I have to be gentle with you now."

Brittany got up from the bed and pushed Santana up against the wall. She lifted her arms above her head and and put her lips next to her ear. "Gentle? That word isn't in my vocabulary." She faced Santana now, who had a surprised look on her face. "You think I'm going to be gentle with you? Don't baby me, Santana. None of this changes anything."

Santana pushed off of her and they switched places. But as Brittany hit the wall, her arms automatically dropped to her back. "Fuck."

She let go and started to panic. "Oh my God see this is why I was saying I have to be gentle!" Brittany stood up straight and started laughing.

"I was just playing."

"You asshole!" And Santana chased Brittany down the stairs and into the living room. They ran around the coffee table a couple times and finally she caught her and tackled her onto the couch. "Don't do that to me."