Chapter 2

~Kamila~

By the time I'd actually reached the 7th floor I was just about ready to pass out, I knew Natalia had probably gotten to the flat already but at least I'd tried. The cow would always go up in the elevator and make me race her by stairs...I had won once.

I made my way through the double doors leading to the floor and I looked both ways before actually walking through, I couldn't exactly see Natalia but she had to be around here somewhere "A'right sis?" I inwardly screamed at myself and turned to see Natalia leaning against the wall, arms crossed.

"Twat" I said tilting my head and glaring a bit. She merely shrugged.

"Eh it wasn't my fault you were too slow. You need to stop bunking off gym, get your energy levels back up" she said teasingly. I smiled despite attempting not to and shoved her.

"Let's see how you like it. You try running up about 50,000 stairs without stopping and see how you like it. Plus I got distracted on my way up" I replied shrugging. She gave me a disbelieving look.

"Falling up the stairs is not a distraction" she said crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes and started to walk towards our flat.

"I didn't fall and that was one time. There were these boys on the stairs" I explained. Everything suddenly went quiet and the only thing I could hear was my nike air forces banging against the floor as I walked.

"Boys?" she asked hopefully. I turned around and nodded.

"Yeah. About our age, seemed like total wankers but they were quite fit" I said walking backwards. She nodded once again having that deep look of thought on her face.

"What's your plan?" I asked knowingly. She sighed and shook her head a bit as though she didn't agree with it either.

"It's nothing" she shrugged. My eyes narrowed as she walked towards me.

"Your plans are never 'nothing'. They always involve fun for us and annoying for mum and dad. So you're telling me" I said grabbing her arm to stop her walking past me.

"I don't know Kamila. This could be a stretch even for us" she replied a bit unsure. I shrugged.

"I don't care. As long as we're together remember?" I asked holding up my right hand to show her the tiny pink scar in the middle of my palm. She held up her own showing me the identical scar on her palm.

"Yeah. I know it's nuts but what would mum and dad think if we started hanging out with gang boys?" she asked slightly excited at the idea. I smirked and nodded.

"Once again an' amazing plan. Why wouldn't you tell me before?" I asked curiously. She shrugged.

"They could be psycho's. And as much as I love to wind up mum and dad I don't want either of us getting hurt" she admitted. I smiled sympathetically.

"I know. They seemed okay, also seemed like cocky ass twats but I doubt they were psycho's" I said. She nodded and I shrugged.

"So, you wanna go see if they're still there? It's okay if you don't" I said shaking my head. She thought for a moment before smirking.

"Let's do it" she said excitedly. I giggled and linked my arm through hers before we headed back towards the stairs.

When we reached the 6th floor I could easily hear them shouting and laughing, though I was both nervous and excited "You ready?" I asked turning my head to see my sister. She nodded.

"Let's do it" she said quietly so they didn't hear us. I bit my bottom lip slightly before nodding and descending the stairs.

"Yo quiet fam'" One of the boys exclaimed. I knew they could hear us coming but they probably thought we were a pissed of old guy or something.

"No need to get scared. Just me" I announced while turning the corner. They all seemed to relax as soon as they realised I wasn't going to attack them.

"I nearly shit myself" One exclaimed.

"Decided to come hang with us did yah love?" The one who'd grabbed onto my shirt asked rather cockily. I rolled my eyes.

"Nope. I came to say sorry for calling one of you a wanker, I was in a rush and I get bitchy when I'm running" I admitted shrugging. They nodded.

"That's a'right. How come we ain't seen you round 'ere before?" The one with the black baseball cap asked. I slowly walked towards them dragging Natalia behind me.

"I'm new. Well, we're new actually" I said moving so that they could see Natalia aswell. Their eyes seemed to flicker back and forth for a few seconds.

"Did one of you spike my drink again? Am I seein' two's or are they twins?" The one with a slight afro exclaimed. I smiled in amusement and so did Kamila.

"No, we're twins" she confirmed. We walked closer to them and sat down on the top step.

"Yo, we've never 'ad twins in the block before" he said a bit excited.

"So what's your names?" Natalia asked re-gaining her confidence again.

"I'm Moses, this is Dennis, Jerome, Biggz and Pest" Baseball boy said pointing out each of his mates as he named them "What about you two?" he asked.

"I'm Natalia and this is Kamila. Or Kam for short" Natalia said. They nodded.

"Your parents named you after Famous people?" Jerome asked slightly intrigued. I nodded.

"Yeah. And don't worry if you mix us up everyone else does" I said sighing.

"Is there any way to tell you apart?" Biggz asked hopefully. I smiled a little.

"Yeah. I've got blue eyes and Kamila has got green. Which is weird because my favourite colour's green and hers is blue" Natalia said tilting her head a bit confused.

"Which flat did you move into then?" Pest asked curiously.

"101. The 7th floor" Natalia groaned.

"At least you don't live at the top. An' don't be surprised if you smell weed 'ere, that's just Ron's weed room on the 12th floor. Spreads like mad that smell" Biggz exclaimed. I nodded.

"Don't bother me. Probably bother mum and dad though" Natalia said giving me a mischievous look. I giggled quietly and realised that we should probably get back to the flat.

"Speaking of which mum has been decorating our room and I wanna make sure she hasn't gone overboard. C'mon" I said standing up and holding my hand out to Natalia. She pouted and nudged her head to where the boys were sat.

"Oh c'mon. You can stay a bit longer can't you?" Dennis asked with his eyes on Natalia. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Sorry boys. You know where we live so maybe tomorrow you can come find us" I said pulling Natalia to her feet.

"Maybe we will. Later girls" Moses said nodding. We both waved slightly before walking back upstairs.