"Dylan? Turning, I see Parker and Leanne standing down at the other end of the dock, waving for me to join them. When I reach them, Leanne looks concerned?

"What did you say to her? She asks. She must have run into Lexi but, for the life of me I don't know why she would think I had anything to do with Lexi being upset. I feign ignorance.

"What? I ask. Leanne glares at me.

"What did you do? And don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about." I look at Parker for support but, he just stands there and shrugs his shoulders.

"Seriously? Lexi was already upset when I got to her. I asked her what was wrong but, she wouldn't talk to me." I left out the part about kissing her. Crossing her arms, Leanne balks a little,

"Oh... well she wouldn't talk to me either."

"Do you know where she is? I just want to make sure she's ok." She doesn't answer me right away; she seems guarded. Finally, Leanne looks up at me.

"When we last spoke, she was sitting on the curb by our jeep." I glance over at Parker and I catch him gesturing towards the road, it's like he's saying, Go to her. I really want to but, I'm not sure it's the best idea. Leanne isn't giving me any indication that I shouldn't go, and I know I don't need her permission but, she is Lexi's bff, so I feel like I need her consent.

"I think we should just get our things and go home. Maybe Lexi will feel more open to talking on the way back." Parker says, grabbing Leanne's hand.

On the ride home, Lexi looks melancholy as she rests her head against the window. Her eyes are closed and a little red from crying but, she still looks amazing to me. I have this urge to reach over and hold her hand; to reassure her that whatever she is going through I can help her with. Instead, I hesitate, I'm afraid she might reject my gesture. I decide to stretch out a bit, I'm feeling cramped and uncomfortable. At some point I must have fallen asleep because when I open my eyes, I'm alone in the back seat. We are parked in Lexi's driveway; Parker is still in the car.

"Hey, did she say anything? I ask. Parker looks back at me.

"No man, Leanne is with her right now. She's been in their a while."

Parker starts talking to me about his dad and how annoyed he is with him but, I'm only half listening. My mind is too preoccupied to take on Parker's problems right now.

Lexi

Sitting on the sofa, I grab the pillow and hug it to my chest.

"I don't understand why he left me?

Leanne is sitting next to me and even though I'm not looking at her, I can tell she is concerned.

"I don't know what to say Lex. I mean we all know Tripp isn't the relationship type. Which makes me wonder why you are so hung up on him."

I know Leanne is right but, at the same time Tripp seemed different lately, like he was having feelings for me and I wanted so badly to believe that he could change.

"I just don't understand his letter, it's so confusing."

Taking Tripp's letter from my pocket, I hand it to Leanne. After reading it, she gives me a look that say, "I told you so."

"Honestly, it's really not surprising to me. I mean, he probably figured out that you're in love with him and bolted."

How is that possible? Wouldn't I have remembered saying, "I love you? Leanne folds up the paper and hands it back to me.

"You should just do you for a while, focus on work and try to forget about Tripp."

Shit. I totally forgot about work, how am I supposed to get over Tripp when I don't have anything else to distract me.