Chapter 1 - Ruby's Story - Out in the Cold

Year 12 Formal. It's supposed to be every girls greatest night. One final night of freedom before the weight of adulthood hits you like a bag of bricks. I had spent months saving up my money from waitressing to buy my perfect dress. Blue, floorlength and no sleeves. It fitted like a glove. For the first time, I felt beautiful. Like a princess. The night had gone without a hitch. A couple of stumbles in my high heels but nothing too serious. I had danced, laughed, drank and even had a couple of cheeky kisses under the stars. That night, I was on top of the world and nothing could bring me down.

It soon turned nasty. The tempurature was below freezing and by the end of the night, many girls were begging for rides home. I tried to get a lift but every car was full so I walked.

I began to walk the lonely streets of my home town. It was midnight. The air had a vicious frosty bite; icy breezes swept up my skirt making me shiver. Around me, patched of ice were forming on the roads, causing passing taxis to slide around like bumper cars. Every star was out and the moon glowed against the blackness of space. The night was beautiful.

However, it was only the beginning. Harsh white daggers began falling from the sky. They attacked my bare skin, causing it to go red like tomato soup. Snow stuck to my hair like glue. The wind picked up. I was still a great distance from my home. The attacks became harsher and soon I was screaming in pain.  I finally reached my home. I felt my pocket. No key.

Rapidly, I banged on the door. I yelled for my father. No answer. I banged harder and yelled louder. Still no answer. Looking through the window, he was asleep on the sofa, surrounded by lager cans. The bastard. One last time, I screeched and banged on the door as loud as I could. Then it hit me.

My heart began to slow down, my shivering stopped as I slumped against the cold, metal door. This was it. I was finally free of school and now my life was ending. I thought about how it could have been and what would have come. My eye lids began to droop and I breathed one final time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke. I looked around. The storm had cleared but the snow still stuck to me. Standing up, I brushed the snow off my skirt and looked back at my body. It was now a total wreck, my skin black like tar and my hair falling out. My ghost was totally different, hair white and pure and my skin soft and red. I felt a wave of anger. People had watched me walk and struggle. My own father had left me out in the cold. Snapping an icicle off the wall, I began to wander the streets. I wanted them to feel the cold. I wanted revenge.

A/N: THANKS GUYS! SORRY FOR THE WAIT! Hope you enjoyed it. Next will be Rivs story and it will be up by the end of the week hopefully. xxx